2017 Graduate Standard Cell Design Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 10394
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Grenoble
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products, providing a secure and energy-efficient processing foundation for electronic devices. These devices enable opportunities for people and businesses to strengthen engagements, move faster and with greater ease.
We work with a diverse ecosystem of partners to build shared success across sectors and geographies, fostering continuous innovation in all areas where compute is possible.
Our partners have shipped more than 90 billion ARM-based silicon chips in devices to date, reaching more than 80% of the global population to help shape the world in which we live.
The Grenoble design center is specialized in the IP libraries development (standard-cells, IOs and memories compiler).
The standard-cell team in Grenoble is looking for a dynamic and motivated person to work on the development of standard cell libraries in a wide variety of different processes and technologies.
You will be part of a team in charge of all the different steps from the design and electrical validation to the characterisation and all the validation of views using a variety of industry standard tool flows.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Circuit design of standard cells including traditional logic cells as well as advanced power management cells (performance/power/area)
- Verification of functionality, performance & power of developed circuits
- Characterization of the Cell library
- Generation of all views delivered with our Physical IP product lines
- Testing of all views by exercising them in several industry standard design flows
- Contribute to improve the methodology
Education & Qualifications
- Qualified candidates will have a university degree(s) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- The ideal candidate is 2-3 years of experience developing or utilizing standard cell libraries.
Skills & Experience
- A solid understanding of MOSFET electrical characteristics
- A design experiences in transistor level : Can be schematic, layout (drawing, DRC, LVS), and/or simulation (extraction, spice)
- Understanding the characterization methodology
- Understanding or an ability to learn a wide variety of industry standard modelling formats including: Liberty, Verilog, LEF, Milkyway, Spice, etc.
- Knowledge in EDA tools as (Cadence, Synopsis, Mentor)
- Knowledge and understanding of data-management system (CVS, design-sync …)
- Programming knowledge (shell/TCL/Perl/Skill ….)
It is essential for the successful applicant to:
- Have a good English communication skills, oral and written
- motivated to continuously develop skills and improve designs and repeatedly attempt to develop solutions to difficult problems
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Situated close to Lyon and at the foot of the French Alps lies the ARM Grenoble office, home to a team of Physical IP and Design experts. Due to its close proximity to the mountains and the size, Grenoble is a picturesque city known for its winter sports and beautiful scenery, earning a nickname of “Capital of the Alps”.
ARM Grenoble Design Centre
60 Rue des Berges