Windows System Administrator ARM
- Job ID #: 15238
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Administration
- Department: Information Technology
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: San Jose (CA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) supplier and as such is at the heart of the development of digital electronic products. Arm’s ecosystem includes many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
The Infrastructure Platforms team works closely with their internal customers and key stakeholders, to prioritize, plan, and execute strategic projects as well as providing operations support for the global infrastructure.
What will I be accountable for?
A highly-motivated IT professional is required to provide support for Arm’s global server infrastructure. You will work to ensure the continued availability and improvement of the Windows-based services. You will need to develop a keen understanding of the Arm IT infrastructure and Arm customers to:
- Provide day-to-day support of Arm’s Windows, Azure, and VMware environment.
- Ensure that appropriate system monitoring is implemented and supported globally.
- Provide guidance and support on advancing legacy infrastructure towards current versions.
- Gather global utilization metrics and report on current capacity and trends.
- Support the adoption and rollout of key ITIL standard methodologies.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the IT business continuity process and ensure that regular recovery tests are performed.
- Provide communications to Arm’s user base for both reactive and proactive system outages.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree (MS or Ph. D.) in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 dyears experience with windows system administration
- Demonstrable skills in all aspects of Windows 2008 (and forward) & Exchange 2010 (and forward) servers, including configuration, patching and in-depth troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of VMware/ESXi with hands-on experience, including server consolidation, command line usage, and backup/restore technologies.
- Previous experience supporting and managing server hardware from one or more of the following vendors: HP, IBM, Dell.
- Good skills in PowerShell.
- Experience handling multi-domain AD forests, Group Policy.
- Good knowledge of the following Application Servers: DFS, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, WDS or WSUS.
- Thorough understanding of networking (TCP/IP) concepts.
- Excellent customer service attitude, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Capacity to work under stress.
- Highly motivated to learn.
- No relocation is provided for this role. Will only consider local candidates in the San Jose, CA surrounding area.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Experience managing Office 365 and associated applications.
- Appliance-based Load Balancing management experience.
- Previous experience handling systems for a highly mobile user base.
- Experience in supporting, identifying and solving problems in a mixed environment (Linux, UNIX, NFS).
- Relevant technical accreditation or successful completion of vendor certified training (Microsoft, VMware).
- ITIL certification to at least foundation level.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unusual culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy the ordinary and craft the extraordinary:
We, not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective. Information is needed, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky, not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358