Verification Engineer - Customer Technical Interface ARM
- Job ID #: 15220
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Architecture & Technology
- Department: Architecture & Technology - Engineering
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We are searching for a talented and experienced Verification Engineer to join the Architecture and Technology team at the Arm Austin Design Center. As an Engineer with the Verification Enablement team, you will collaborate closely with senior members of multiple processor design verification teams, both inside and outside of Arm, to verify next-generation microprocessors and system IP. And, you will work alongside RIS developers to define, develop, and improve processor verification infrastructure and methods to support the latest architectural innovations. This position's daily work involves working directly with customers to understand their needs and issues and relies on knowledge and understanding of computer architecture concepts. If you are looking for an environment where you can make a significant contribution, collaborate with a talented team that employs leading-edge verification technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products: then we want to hear from you.
What will I be accountable for?
- Meet regularly with customers to agree on goals, set priorities, and discuss issues
- Triage issues reported by customers and work together with development team to resolve
- Advocate for customer and ensure high-quality, timely resolution of issues
- Make software releases to customers at regular cadence
- Coordinate with other customer technical leads to identify common issues/concerns and ensure consistency
- Actively participate in feature discussions and help set direction of Raven tool
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant technical discipline
- 2+ years professional experience in a FAE or similar customer interface role
- 2+ years industry experience in microprocessor design/verification
- Solid understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Ability to problem solve and debug issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to pre-silicon verification, testbenches, modelling, or hardware design
- Exposure to multiple architectures (eg ARM, X86)
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably Perl, Python)
- Experience with a hardware verification language (System Verilog)
- Some experience with object-oriented programming language (C++, C#, Java)
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735