Underwriting Service Coordinator HiscoxJob ID: 5777
Employment type: Fixed Term Contract - Full Time
Preferred education: A Levels or equivalent
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract until end December 2018
About Hiscox UK and Ireland
Hiscox UK & Ireland is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.
Hiscox Maidenhead, part of Hiscox UK and Ireland, is responsible for underwriting and developing relationships with brokers based in the region.
Service is at the forefront of everything we do and our customers and brokers have high expectations when dealing with us as a business, It is a fast paced environment with a high volume of enquiries so we are looking for an underwriting service co-ordinator who's super switched on, an organised self-starter and someone who is looking to develop their career within Hiscox.
This is an entry level role.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll be dedicated to delivering superb service to our clients and brokers through working closely alongside our new and existing business underwriting teams
- Provide a first point of telephone contact for the Maidenhead team, as well as the wider broker business
- You will also have responsibility for underwriting straightforward mid-term adjustments to policies requested by brokers.
- Through excellent product, system and company knowledge take a proactive approach to the resolution of queries with the broker’s expectations in mind at all times
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships internally across the business to allow effective hand-off of calls and queries when necessary