Transport Planning Analyst Ocado
Closing date: 03 Feb 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own cutting-edge technology, including robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, enabling new customer propositions, and engaging in new business partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a team of dynamic and intellectually curious people with extraordinary drive and passion.
We are a team of analysts that specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities with a multi-million pound scope, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers. We pride ourselves on making quick affirmative decisions and data is the driver to make this happen. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping the customer journey from the time they log on to the website to their orders arriving at the door.
From picking orders in our automated warehouses, to our transport operations on the road, we look to maximise profitability whilst improving our customer offering. This can range from the short-term configuration of planning processes to long-term logistical strategy, shaping the future growth of Ocado.
Our Transport operation is at the heart of our customer fulfillment chain, requiring timely and efficient movement of orders between our warehouses and delivery spokes to ensure the best possible shopper experience - fresh, on-time and convenient. Our Transport Planning tools and processes have evolved considerably in recent months, as the operation scales up and increases in complexity. With more data than ever before available to us, we are now able to work with stakeholders across the business to better measure and make significant changes to performance.
As a Transport Planning Analyst, you will have your own areas of specialisation and take ownership of projects and tools of your own conception. This will enable you to play a key role in supporting our various stakeholders, which include Operational Planning, Service Delivery and Finance, to deliver effective analytical insights.
The role is based in our new head office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, just 20 minutes by train from London Kings Cross.
Skills & Experience
- Accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-function, fast paced environments, OR
- Operational, commercial or customer-facing role with strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally
- Experience in a transportation or logistics environment
- Experience in operational planning
- Skilled at using Visualisation software (Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio)
- Comfortable querying Big Data (Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift)
What can we give you?
- Stretching work that will push you to bring out the best in you - and do that consistently.
- Rewards are many - competitive salary, Ocado employee benefits package; swift and self-driven personal development and career progression opportunities; and most importantly - satisfaction from results of your work making a difference right in front of your eyes.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.