Test Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 15574
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Internet of Things
- Department: ISG Web Services Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Noida
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM India is looking for hardworking and ambitious Test Engineering/QA Lead to join us in making the Internet of Things a reality. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the collection of smart, sensor-enabled physical objects, and the networks, servers and services that interact with them.
ARM is known for low cost-efficient microprocessor designs, shipping in over 8.7 billion devices in just the last year. Connecting all those devices in an IoT is one of the most important trends in technology. If you're interested in building new businesses by taking on the biggest problems in the IoT, this opportunity is for you.
We're working across the whole stack, building a standards-based, efficient platform for developers and end users that solve three big problems: easy and secure interaction with IoT systems, getting the cost of connecting things low enough that everything can be connected, and making sure users get all the benefits of new data without giving up control or privacy
Solving these problems demands not just great systems engineering but great people for our team.
As a member of the Pelion Edge software team, you will work in collaboration with other skilled software, hardware, test, web applications and infrastructure, applications, technical marketing and ecosystem engineers to build a full device platform for powering the next wave of connected devices. We are collaborating with a fast-growing number of key technology partners and are in a great position to help the IoT industry flourish.
You will be part of the System test software development team to design, implement and verify new functionality for our test and development infrastructure.
Looking for an experienced individuals who ensures quality of services, embedded devices, clients and server backend products in high-profile projects where availability, reliability and scalability are critically important, and you have passion to learn new. You have extraordinary test automation, testing and analytical skills and a track record of achieving results.
- You will work with the team to develop an infrastructure for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Creating and maintaining tools for building and testing edge gateway solution
- Help develops overall test approach, tools and new test methodologies and takes them to use for our benefit
- Implementing and maintaining tests (system, integration, component, performance, etc...) to improve quality of the product
- Reporting quality metrics both internally and externally
- Working with engineers to improve the test and delivery systems
- Collaborating with engineering teams in the UK, Israel, Finland and the US
Essential Skills and Experience
- 2+ or more years software testing experience in a commercial development environment.
- 2+ years of experience developing systems in Linux environment.
- 2+ years of experience in dev ops, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Hands-on-experience on designing and developing test tools, which can have phenomenal impact
- Loves automation using bash or other scripting languages.
- Experience in testing of embedded devices
- Working knowledge of these networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience working in Git Version control
- Very strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.
- Good knowledge in scripting and programming languages (Python, JS, Node etc)
- Agile development experience
- Enthusiastic approach that challenges conventions
- Capability to work efficiently and constructively in a team
- Ability to work with minimum guidance is highly desirable, a self starter.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, & analysis skills.
- Good English language and interpersonal skills
- Strong and in depth Linux development skills
- Good understanding of REST and JSON based web services
- Experience in working with virtualized environments and with cloud like AWS, GCE
- Worked on database systems like MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Knowledge of CI and CD
- Jenkins and pipelines experience
- Working with Docker or similar container systems
- Experience with SW debugging tools e.g., GDB, Valgrind etc.
- Experience developing test automation using frameworks/tools
- Exposure to working in Agile/Scrum based teams.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Noida office features staff almost entirely from the Physical Design team. Adjacent to India’s capital New Delhi, Noida (an acronym for New Okhla Industrial Development Authority) is home to a myriad of tech companies and educational facilities dedicated to high tech training. A few hours drive from Noida is the world famous Taj Mahal, a grand white marble mausoleum and UNESCO World Heritage site.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
8th Floor, Tower C
Logix Cyber Park, C28 & 29, Sector 62
Noida - 201309
Uttar Pradesh, India