System Verification Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 15152
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Systems
- Department: Central Engineering - Systems Engineering
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Our Systems Development team designs subsystems for various application segments, using the latest IP products from Arm and other vendors. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Verification Engineer to join the team and help develop these systems. As a system Verification Engineer you will contribute to the specification, design and verification of various compute subsystems. You will join a small team of talented engineers in Austin, as well as collaborate with multiple other groups inside of Arm to verify the functionality of our products. Would you love a wider exposure across multiple IP products? Do you want an opportunity to work globally with various internal teams to deliver systems optimized for performance and power?
What will I be accountable for?
- As a creative verification engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs you will be part of a team tasked with verifying functional correctness of compute subsystems
- You will work with the project team to understand design specifications and create a functional verification strategy.
- Your key responsibilities will include creating test plans, developing SystemVerilog/Verilog testbenches and tests, and debugging of test failures and issues
- You will also contribute to developing and enhancing the verification methodologies used by the team.
- You will work closely with other teams on the design microarchitecture, verification methodologies, system performance, etc.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- In addition to bringing your accomplishment of either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar related field and a minimum of about 5 years’ experience working in design or verification of complex compute subsystems or SoCs
- Strong knowledge of digital hardware design and Verilog HDL.
- A thorough understanding and experience of the current verification strategies required for complex SoC development, including software-based techniques
- Low-level programming experience including C and Assembler
- Experience with Perl, Python or other scripting language
- Good knowledge of testplan creation and tracking
- Experience with Arm-based designs and/or Arm System Architectures
- Experience with SystemVerilog and verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/e
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming concepts.
- Experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- Formal verification techniques
- Clock domain crossing verification
- Power aware verification
- Porting peripheral driver software
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735