System Design and Verification Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 15545
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Systems
- Department: Central Engineering - Systems Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Sheffield
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have experience of HW design and verification engineering and a natural interest in technology? Then we might have the perfect role for you in our dynamic team focused on Arm compute systems.
If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, or a gaming console at home, you’ve already used an Arm-powered product. Over 125 Arm-powered products ship every second and over 35 billion Arm technology-based chips have been shipped to date, making us the world’s leading Intellectual Property (IP) semiconductor supplier.
Soon, you could be using your talents to help us develop the technologies that will enable the very latest mobile, enterprise, IoT, automotive and machine learning systems in today's markets.
This great opportunity requires an Engineer, a good all-rounder, who has already contributed to the successful development of complex SoC designs or systems IP. You will be working in a small but highly focused group within Arm's Central Engineering Systems Development team in Sheffield, where you will help design and verify our next generation Subsystem IP and SoCs using state of the art technologies, methodologies and tools. You will work closely with architects and other design, verification and implementation engineers and will be expected to support less experienced engineers.
Your work will expose you to a wide range of Arm and 3rd-party IPs, and you may need to travel both inside and outside the UK, to Arm and partners' sites.
Arm strongly promotes the development of its staff, and we have lots of opportunities for technical leadership in this group.
You will develop fast!
Education and Qualifications
- You should have a good, meaningful degree (ideally in Electronics or Computer Science) or equivalent.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge and a real passion for digital design
- Understanding of HDL (hardware description language) design (for example Verilog, SystemVerilog)
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively in English
- A high level of pro-activity, initiative and problem solving
- Enthusiasm, drive and the ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks effectively
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentations) skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Object Oriented programming concepts
- Experience in verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/eRM
- Low-level programming experience including C and Assembler
- A deep understanding of Arm System Architectures
- An appreciation of some of the ways in which computer architectures differ
- Project management and leadership skills
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our ARM Sheffield office mainly consists of specialists in the Systems and Software group. Considered one of the greenest cities in Europe, the city of Sheffield is the geographical center of England and features over 2 million trees Ample space for outdoor activities are available at one of over 250 parks in the city, helping Sheffield to be voted the ’happiest city’ in Britain in 2013!
8 St Mary's Gate