System Analysis Intern ARM
- Job ID #: 15109
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Interns/Students
- Division: Central Engineering - Systems
- Department: Central Engineering - Systems Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join Arm as part of the System Analysis team within Central Engineering, which is focused on analyzing system performance on Arm based platforms that bring together all the latest Arm IP including CPUs, GPUs, video, display controllers, camera, system inter-connect and memory components. The role is about analyzing the system performance, including both hardware and software, thus enabling our partners to produce best-in-class silicon and systems.
The role includes:
• Being part of a small and talented team, giving you the opportunity to develop and make a significant contribution
• Analyzing system performance at various levels of abstraction including behavioural models, RTL hardware and assembler or ‘C’ based software
• Enabling Arm IP teams and our partners by providing system-level insights for the performance of ARM’s CPU, Media and System IP
• Developing skills in hardware design and integration, system architecture, performance, quality of service and CPU Benchmarks to name a few
We expect that the successful candidate will undertake a specific system analysis project during the internship, producing data that will be useful to chip design and software teams. The intern will gain experience and skills relating to real system on chip design and low level ARM software.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
You will be on track to receive a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related subject.
• Understanding of computer and system architecture concepts.
• Knowledge of digital circuits.
• Enthusiastic and interested in all aspects of system design engineering both within, and outside, a degree course.
• Strong teamwork with good inter personal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience in some programming languages (for example, C/C++, Python).
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM Engineers are expected to exhibit the following behaviours and skills:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road