Supply Chain Project Manager - new & existing product launches RB
About the role
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Supply Category Manager in developing the long term strategy to achieve sales and margin growth goals on individual categories through managing the scope and goals of the project, work plans, product launch timelines and implementation strategies. Plan and manage multiple related projects including, cost/benefit analysis, estimation of budgets, time lines, and resources required for successful and timely completion of projects. The Project Manager will also assist in the development of measurement processes/methods for assessing progress towards goals and project outcomes.
- Responsible to lead project teams to develop and launch new product initiatives.
- Responsible for managing cross functional ( and international) teams (marketing, R&D, manufacturing, procurement, legal, package engineering, logistics, etc.) to launch new products as well as modify existing products as per the agreed launch date and agreed upon cost of goods.
- Establishing project schedules and coordinating all activities associated with new product development and product change from inception through project completion, including:
- Identification and clarification of project objectives and scope
- Establishment of success criteria for the project.
- Feasibility studies including cost, capacity and alternative/option analysis
- Establishment and implementation of project team and timetables as well as a production launch plan
- Project Coordination/Management through completion
- Present updates to management
- Providing business-focused manufacturing support, analysis, and coordination for tactical issues including:
- Marketing directional changes
- Product/component obsolescence
- Capacity issues
- Non-forecasted change requests
- What-if scenarios
- Bachelor Degree Engineering or B.S. In Supply Chain Management, Business Degree or relevant degree
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience.
- Process Improvement experience (Six Sigma Approach) a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Effective team facilitator.
- Must exercise considerable planning, judgment and ability to work independently.
- Good leadership, inter-personal and motivational skills.
- Proven presentation and communication skills.
- Maintain customer relationships as well as manage their expectations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Inventory analysis experience; cost reduction experience; service; multi unit distribution experience; logistics; operations; and finance.
- Experience with MS Project is a plus.