Supply Chain Analyst - 6 month contract Ocado
Closing date: 03 Feb 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Can you help us to deliver…?
Ocado, the pioneering, award-winning online retailer, is revolutionising the way people shop for groceries. With one of the largest automated warehouses in the world, sophisticated inventory management and routing systems, innovative smartphone apps and critically acclaimed web shop, our unique business model has enabled us to grow into a publically listed company with a £1bn+ turnover in a little under 15 years
Our Supply Chain Team encompasses the logistical elements of our business: the people who forecast our product sales, determine the quantity and timing of our orders with suppliers, and ensure that our full product range is available whenever our customers choose to place their order. To achieve this we are constantly seeking to improve the way we do things. High quality, insightful analysis is vital to making the best decisions and we are currently looking for a self-motivated bright spark to join our Supply Chain Team as an Analyst.
This role will be a 6 month FTC.
- Develop and drive new insight into Supply Chain’s performance through data analysis and its interpretation
- Identify, prioritise and implement logistical process improvements across the business
- Provide routine and ad hoc information to the management team to support operational decision-making
- Undertake analysis into a wide variety of critical business projects, such as the design and launch of new warehouses (CFCs), creation of algorithms for our industry leading software, and development and rollout of our new platform to international partners
Who are we looking for:
- You will have exceptional analytical skills and an aptitude for practical problem solving. You will be able to navigate complex problems, develop and lead insightful analysis, and understand the impact your proposed solutions will have on the business.
- Our ideal candidate will be confident in explaining complex problems to non-technical business leaders and be able to drive through solutions to their completion.
- It is essential to be an advanced user of Excel and to be comfortable undertaking analysis using complex formulae. A technically biased degree and familiarity with VBA or SQL (or a similar scripting language) are desirable, but not requirements.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.