Supplier Performance Manager Ocado
Closing date: 03 Feb 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
As the Supplier Performance Manager you will contribute to Ocado’s success through the management of long term inbound supplier performance, manage poor performing suppliers and driving improvement to support supply chain’s KPIs.
You will work closely with other departments including support functions, trading and management teams and third parties to ensure the high standards of the central planning team are consistently met and improved.
The main purpose of this role is to support in the roll out and growth of the performance management processes designed to increase outbound fulfilment. Areas covered are:
- Manging suppliers long term performance
- Reviewing of suppliers route to market to support inbound profile
- Maximising efficiencies for both Ocado and Supplier
- Management of the supplier scorecard and specifically the poor performing suppliers and working with them collaboratively to improve KPIs
- Management of the supplier manual
- Running of joint supplier meetings to drive and communicate change
- Work internally and externally to ensure continued business growth and KPI standards
- Manage and drive long term strategic goals that will produce cost savings and efficiencies across the operation
- Forge strong and sustainable relationships and maintain high levels of accuracy with suppliers and third party partners in all areas of the business e.g. product data, transportation, inbound process
- Initiate and develop relationships with senior CFC managers to facilitate a feedback route for all supply chain/supplier issues.
- Proactively engage operational and retail departments to understand and balance their needs with inventory efficiency
- Team building, leadership and motivation including performance development reviews (personal and personnel) objective setting and coaching
- Monitoring and reporting activity progress and making adjustments based on strategic goals including delivery of agreed budgeted saving
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area
- Driving supply chain KPI improvement through the performance management process
- Promoting and ensuring suppliers adhere to the inbound rules that Ocado lays out in its supplier manual
This role has many focus areas and may change and evolve as the business changes. This is a creative role, and gives opportunities to develop a range of skills including people management, project management, and communication/presentation, cross functional working, relationship building and cost saving responsibility and general supply chain promotion across the business.
- A strong track record in an FMCG or commercial supply chain and a proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Previous management experience in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships across the business
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others. Ability to fit in and guide others in the team and wider business
- Drive & enthusiasm, demonstrating ability to adapt to fast pace and rapid change and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
- Strong business skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent planning & organisational skills, planning and achieving results through effective change management
- Confident decision maker who is able to work independently and on behalf of many others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Excellent PC skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) to at least intermediate level
- A customer focused outlook and the ability to see how day to day issues can impact the customer experience.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to working hours to support a 24/7 business operation
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Formal Supply Chain qualifications
- Experience in the e-commerce sector
- Regular travel is required so a driving licence is beneficial
- Previous experience of 3rd party vendor management
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.