Standard-Cell Design Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14890
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to work on the development of standard cell libraries using a wide variety of different processes and technologies that fuel billions of devices worldwide. Could this be you?
You will be part of a team in charge of all the different steps from the design and electrical validation, to the characterisation and all the validation of views using industry standard tool flows.
The Sophia-Antipolis design center at Arm is specialised in both the Well-known Arm CPU and the IP libraries development. Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most vibrant technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family, including recent Cortex-A73 and Cortex-A75
What will you be responsible for?
- Circuit design of standard cells including traditional logic cells as well as advanced power management cells
- Verification of functionality, performance & power of developed circuits
- Characterization of the Cell library
- Generation of all views delivered with our Physical IP product lines
- Testing of all views by exercising them in several industry standard design flows
- Contribute to improving the generation and validation methodologies.
What education, experience and skills are needed to be successful in this role?
- You will have a university degree(s) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Some previous experience in standard-cell development is a plus (whatever the experience is related to design or layout or view generation or validation …)
- An understanding of MOSFET electrical characteristics
- A design experiences in transistor level: Can be schematic, layout (drawing, DRC, LVS), and/or simulation (extraction, spice)
- An understanding of characterization methodology
- An understanding or an ability to learn a wide variety of industry standard modelling formats including: Liberty, Verilog, LEF, Milkyway, Spice, etc.
- Some knowledge in EDA tools such as (Cadence, Synopsis, Mentor)
- Previous knowledge and understanding of data-management system (CVS, design-sync)
- Programming knowledge ideally in shell/TCL/Perl/Skill
- Have a good English communication skill, oral and written
- Be motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to the design center’s success
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respect for all members of the team
- Be willing to iteratively improve designs and repeatedly attempt to develop solutions.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex