Staff Verification Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14552
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Media & Image
- Department: Central Engineering - Media & Image Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Manchester
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM’s Image Signal Processor (ISP) group provides image processing technology for a range of markets and use cases, including surveillance cameras, drones and automobiles. The SoCs at the heart of these devices use our “intellectual property” in the form of software and hardware designs, which is the culmination of man-decades of research and experimentation in the field of imaging. In this role the successful candidate will play a major part in the verification of future ISPs. This role is critical to ensure the delivery of functional correct, high quality synthesizable IP cores to multiple SoC manufacturers serving the camera and mobile devices markets. A wide breadth of experience in verification methodologies is essential, as they will play a critical role in driving the verification processes.
- Creating and reviewing design verification documentation.
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes
- Architecting verification IP and full verification environments
- Investigating and scripting new verification flows and optimising existing flows
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group
- Full ownership of verification closure.
- Planning and estimation of the work
- Planning and tracking tasks to meet the targets at the planned time
- Gathering and reporting metrics.
- Verification closure to ensure bug-free designs
- Coaching and mentoring junior engineers
Essential required Skills and experience:
- Strong experience with SystemVerilog for verification of complex design IP.
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP.
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code.
- Good knowledge of UVM.
- Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details.
- Experience of development of coverage-driven constrained random test environments
- Expert knowledge of creating assertions.
- Expert Tools knowledge in one or more of the following – Synopsys VCS, Cadence Incisive , Mentor Graphics Questasim
- Excellent RTL Debug ability
- A strong mathematical background including a working knowledge of Matlab , C/C++ or Python, ideally in the context of work with bit-accurate models
- Willingness to tackle varied and complex technical challenges.
- Experience working and communicating with remote design centres.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to own all stages of a project to completion.
- Some team leadership experience, including planning and managing tasks
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate having produced or contributed to customer facing verification reports.
- Verification experience of complex components.
- Competency in a hardware design language
- Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Perl, Python, tcl
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Assertion based verification
- Formal verification
- Experience with emulation flows.
- Prior experience in the verification of image and video processing cores
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St