Staff Test Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14554
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm Physical Design Group (PDG) delivers the most comprehensive and advanced physical IP solution in the industry allowing the implementation of complex SoC designs. What Arm PDG offers is the oldest and most widely used in the sector and includes logic IP, Standard Cell, Embedded Memory Compilers, Interface IP and Processor Optimization Pack (POPs). All of the Arm physical IP products are specifically optimized for each foundry and process technology from 250nm to 14nm semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs.
The Silicon Validation group works on the validation of the library products offered by PDG on Silicon. We design on test chips aimed to validate IP products (logic libraries, memories, IOs and Analog blocks) for state of the art semiconductor processes (viz. >90nm, 90nm, 65nm, 40nm, 32nm, 28nm and 14nm) for various leading foundries and IDMs globally. We then characterize and test the silicon dies crafted by the foundries. These IPs are used by SOC companies & integrated in their design. It is imperative to validate them, to confirm their functionality to customers.
You will work as part of a team in charge of design, implement and test of high quality Test Chip vehicles to silicon validate our Physical IPs.
You will hold responsibility for silicon testing of Test Chip vehicle aimed to validate IP products using the leading-edge process technologies from foundries globally.
To be a successful Test Engineer within the PDG Silicon Validation Team you will be persistent, assertive, pragmatic, globally aware, ethically strong, believe in making profit and be prepared to work hard in a strong teamwork environment to get the job done time after time. Delivery of results is an important measurement of success in this role.
What will you be accountable for:
- You will help define test chip specifications, developing and implementing test methodology.
- Convert test patterns from VCD and other formats to ATE target tester format. Generating ATE test programs for functional, characterization and debug testing.
- Collect characterization data from ATE tester, then use available scripts and tools to extract and analyze relevant data for report generation
- You are to work with IP Design, Test Chip Design, and Product Engineering teams to debug failures.
- Use of lab equipment including high speed oscilloscope and curve tracer to perform bench tests, if required
- Specify and work with contract vendors to build new test hardware when needed
Education & Qualifications
Engineering Master’s Degree(s) in Electronic, Microelectronic with 5+ years of ATE programming or related experience
Essential skills and Experience
- Familiar with IC characterization and test methodology; Familiar with common ATE test platforms and test equipment.
- Able to develop and generate test program from device specification and possessing hands on device debugging.
- Skillful in C, C++, Perl and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of CMOS devices and DRAM and SRAM memories as well as previous hardware design experience, such as load-board and package design.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
Desirable Skills & Experience
Other relevant skills include:
- Specific experience on Teradyne Magnum memory tester or Advantest SmartScale 93000 tester.
- Experience of working with remote and international teams.
- Knowledge of IP libraries components (Logic models, Timing, power and noise Models, Layout, Abstract) and their use in System On Chip development design flows (Simulation, Synthesis, Floor planning, Place and Route, Timing, power and noise Analysis, Physical verification).
- General understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and application to IP development (Design rules, Design for Manufacturing, Spice modeling ….)
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex