Staff Software Engineer - QA Lead ARM
- Job ID #: 15179
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Internet of Things
- Department: ISG Web Services Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Noida
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM India is looking for hardworking and ambitious Test Engineering/QA Lead to join us in making the Internet of Things a reality. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the collection of smart, sensor-enabled physical objects, and the networks, servers and services that interact with them.
ARM is known for low cost-efficient microprocessor designs, shipping in over 8.7 billion devices in just the last year. Connecting all those devices in an IoT is one of the most important trends in technology. If you're interested in building new businesses by taking on the biggest problems in the IoT, this opportunity is for you.
We're working across the whole stack, building a standards-based, efficient platform for developers and end users that solve three big problems: easy and secure interaction with IoT systems, getting the cost of connecting things low enough that everything can be connected, and making sure users get all the benefits of new data without giving up control or privacy
Solving these problems demands not just great systems engineering but great people for our team.
As a member of the Pelion Edge software team, you will work in collaboration with other skilled software, hardware, test, web applications and infrastructure, applications, technical marketing and ecosystem engineers to build a full device platform for powering the next wave of connected devices. We are collaborating with a fast-growing number of key technology partners and are in a great position to help the IoT industry flourish.
You will be part of the System test software development team to design, implement and verify new functionality for our test and development infrastructure.
Looking for a highly experienced individuals who ensures quality of services, embedded devices, clients and server backend products in high-profile projects where availability, reliability and scalability are critically important, and you have passion to learn new. You
have extraordinary test automation, testing and analytical skills and a track record of achieving results. You have also an eye for good software design and architecture. You can lead, present and teach other developers and testers. You are also contently learning more.
You can make transparent results in quality of our products and releasing process.
- Develops overall test approach, tools and new test methodologies and takes them to use for our benefit
- Working as a member, leader and guiding test engineering team, which is developing, maintaining and executing automated & manual tests for our products (embedded and cloud), which include both backend RESTful APIs, gateways and clients connecting to them.
- Emphasizing, develops, leads and performs all areas of Non-Functional testing
- Promoting of quality and testing across all teams. Can mentor and teach teams how to test their SUT
- Visualizing the quality of projects and develops new visualization methods
- Participating in QA activities including developing and maintain of continuous integration/delivery, test tools and test environments
- Plans and estimates new tasks together with the team. Act as scrum master of the team
- Maintain documentation of projects as needed.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ or more years software testing experience in a commercial development environment Experience from IT infrastructures
- 3+ years of experience developing systems in Linux environment.
- Excellent experience in developing of test strategies, methodologies, process and standards and capturing them to everyday work
- Experience with SW debugging tools e.g., GDB, Valgrind etc.
- Hands-on-experience on designing and developing test tools, which can have great impact
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing of cloud client and server products (backend/frontend) and services and how to automate these tests
- Deep understanding of end to end solution (clients, infrastructure, including load balancers, clustering, security, privacy, disaster recovery)
- Experience in testing of embedded devices
- Experience in testing of IP-based networking and protocols
- Excellent knowledge about maintaining of CI tools (Jenkins)
- Excellent experience in security testing and fuzzing
- Experience in working with virtualized environments and with cloud like AWS, GCE
- 3+ years of experience in dev ops, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Very strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.
- Very strong ability to find resolutions and root causes for very complex service integration, NFR and test problems.
- Good knowledge in scripting and programming languages (Python, JS, Node etc)
- Agile development experience
- Enthusiastic approach that challenges conventions
- Capability to work efficiently and constructively in a team
Desirable Skills / Knowledge of some of the following required
- Experience from model based testing
- Experience from database testing
- Experience of developing, building and maintaining test environments and test beds
- Knowledge about embedded RTOSes
- Scrum master
As the leading supplier of semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP), ARM makes affordable, easy-to-use electronic innovations come to life. The ARM culture is open and relaxed where elite, innovative engineers work together both ambitiously and collaboratively on solutions that shape how people connect every day. Since the ARM ecosystem includes many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing, becoming an engineer at ARM means your work will live at the heart of the world’s most innovative and widely used digital products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process
We not I
- Actively participate in thriving the Global Arm community
- No individual owns the right answer.
- Brilliance is collective, Information is essential, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Noida office features staff almost entirely from the Physical Design team. Adjacent to India’s capital New Delhi, Noida (an acronym for New Okhla Industrial Development Authority) is home to a myriad of tech companies and educational facilities dedicated to high tech training. A few hours drive from Noida is the world famous Taj Mahal, a grand white marble mausoleum and UNESCO World Heritage site.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
8th Floor, Tower C
Logix Cyber Park, C28 & 29, Sector 62
Noida - 201309
Uttar Pradesh, India