Staff Engineer: Accelerator and IO Modelling ARM
- Job ID #: 14614
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Architecture & Technology
- Department: Architecture & Technology - Technology
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
- Additional Country: USA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Does enabling the transition to a post Moore's law world of function specific accelerators like AI accelerators excite you ? Are you motivated to help us improve IO performance for an entire ecosystem?
Are you passionate about influencing the system architecture for future generations of Arm based products?
Do you want to shape the way hardware and software interact in Arm systems?
If so, the Architecture and Technology group (ATG) at Arm would be the right place for you. Our group within ATG is doing pioneering work in accelerator and IO system architecture. We are looking for a passionate and technically strong engineer to drive two of our key initiatives :
- Modelling of future accelerator architecture concepts.
- Defining and implementing a performance verification strategy for infrastructure market IO usage models.
Your Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Building models and driver software that validate future architecture components.
- Understanding software-hardware interface requirements for various usage models of accelerators and using this knowledge to build verification strategies and scenarios.
- Understanding IO and accelerator usage models in infrastructure systems by doing research and working with partners.
- Developing IO performance verification scenarios based on usage model understanding.
- Developing infrastructure that will be deployed throughout Arm to ensure our IP products meet the performance needs of future use-cases.
- Collaborating with others in Arm and externally to develop platform level performance verification solutions.
- Work closely with other teams at Arm and external partners as part of a DARPA funded programme.
- Strong skills in at least one high-level language, ideally C/C++.
- Deep understanding of computer architecture (CPU, SoC, Interconnect)
- Experience in Perfomance modelling or functional modelling of SOC's or SOC components
- Experience with Unix, scripting, source control and continuous integration environments.
- Dedicated and ambitious.
- Being able to clearly communicate solutions for complicated technical problems.
- Flexible and has a growth mindset.
- Knowledge of PCI Express
- Experience in performance verification or functional verification
- Knowledge of device driver software
- Knowledge of on-chip buses such as AMBA
- Device driver development for Linux
- Experience in performance verification
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road