Staff Engineer - CPU IP Verification ARM
- Job ID #: 13988
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - CPU
- Department: Central Engineering - CPU Engineering
- Primary Country: Taiwan
- Primary Location: Hsinchu
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
CPU IP Principal/Staff/Senior Design, Implementation, Verification or Architecture Engineers
Location: Shenzhen or Hsinchu
We are opening for variety of design, implementation, verification, and architecture analysis engineering roles from graduate level who are passionate, agile-learning, with can-do attitude, to staff and principal levels who are capable of owning one or more functional blocks for CPU IP related products and leading a team in various experiences for quality of delivery through all phases of related engineering processes.
The responsibilities of the roles include:
- Owning, planning, investigating, designing, or reviewing functional blocks to be composed into CPU IPs and their respective engineering methodologies such as models, designs, implementation, testbenches, test cases, formal properties, functional coverages, integrations, and flows in plans, specifications, or reports to meet requirements of architecture, product, technology, or engineering, to achieve quality and scalability goals
- Implementing, optimizing, validating, and debugging modules of models, designs, implementation, verification, validation, integration, or engineering flows in required programming languages, tools, and working environment according to corresponding plans, specs, methodologies, or quality process or signoff criterion, from inception to final quality of delivery
- Involvement in growth and development of the team, as well as team building, technology creation, profession development, engineering escalation, product sustaining, or customer support related activities, as well as others within company business scope.
Additional responsibility for Senior and higher levels:
- Working as a senior member in a team: plan, track, and delivering tasks, mentoring other engineers to ensure on-time delivery against plans, requirements, or specs
Additional responsibility for Staff or Principal levels:
- Participating in engineering feasibility analysis, review, and determination for requirements of market, product, architecture, technology, and engineering process
- Leading a team of engineers in various experience levels from project initiation to signoff, including goal setting, work planning, team building and mentoring, execution and delivery, risk management and customer engagement, as well as fulfilling overall requirements
- Build or development respective engineering team according to business need, including recruitment, team building, training, coaching, as well as inspiration, visioning, and career planning.
The essential skills or experiences include:
- Any experience in all functions of CPU, GPU, DSP, or similar processors projects with low-power and formal property assertion methodologies
- Proficiency in computer system architecture, SoC architecture, processor architecture, memory/bus architecture, and debug/trace architecture, or VLSI implementation technologies including low-power, customization, and embedded.
- Mastery of problem solving, technology innovation, engineer enablement, as well as teamwork scope negotiation and commitment
- Exposure to all stages of the engineering process from exploration and proof-of-concept, to delivery and maintenance
- Excellent communication and people skill in written and spoken English
- MSEE/CE/CS/Math related education.
Additional essential qualification for Senior or higher levels:
- At least 8 years of experience in architecture analysis, micro-architecture, logic design or VLSI implementation, design verification, system validation, firmware programming, or digital design for comprehensive functional blocks with technologies such as computing, multimedia, or communication
- Proven delivery record in CPU or similar level of model, analysis, design, implementation, verification, or validation for program flows, memory flows, I/O flows, asynchronous event flows, compute pipes, as well as system, processor, and pipe controls, by using leading edge design, verification, and implementation flows and methodologies
Additional essential qualification for Staff or Principal levels:
- At least 15 or 20 years of experience in architecture analysis, micro-architecture, logic design or VLSI implementation, design verification, system validation, firmware programming, or digital design for comprehensive functional blocks with technologies such as computing, multimedia, or communication
- Expertise in architecture model, performance analysis, function pipelining/partition, advanced logic design, design verification, quality-of-result optimization, engineering workspace/workflow as well as ASIC implementation flows/tools and closure/signoff
- Technical leadership of complex engineering projects. Experience in all stages of the engineering process from exploration and proof-of-concept, to delivery and maintenance, with engineer mentoring, project managing, and requirement reasoning
- Knowledge in ASIC testability, test and product engineering, prototyping and system bringup, as well as related debugging activities.
The desirable skills or experiences include:
- Exposure in performance analysis methodologies, design implementation methodologies, simulation verification methodologies, formal verification technologies, continuous integration and regression flow/tools, and verification coverage and signoff
- Knowledge in computing security architecture, parallel computing architecture, hardware reliability architecture, system application use cases, system application integration and programming, as well as system level debugging, benchmarking, and profiling
- Skillfulness in programming languages such as Verilog/SystemVerilog/SystemC, CPU assembly languages (preferably ARM), C/C++ languages, or Perl/TCL/Python scripts, XML/JSON markup languages, or other object-oriented or functional programming languages, as well as in EDA methodologies like UVM/OVM/VMM/LPM
- Experience of working cross sites in global teams
Additional desirable qualification for Senior or higher levels:
- Participation in product marketing, technology research and proof-of-concept, customer engagement, product roadmap planning, and project planning
- Proficiency in personal skills including communication, presentation, adjudication, negotiation, compromise, agreeability, and inspiration, as well as leadership to enable and escalate team members
Additional desirable qualification for Staff or Principal levels:
- Capable of leading less-experienced engineers for solid quality of delivery signoff under a reasonable project plan
- Capable of developing and ramping up less-experienced engineers for full engineering ownership during project execution under a reasonable project plan
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Sick Leave, 15 days
- Statutory Social Benefits: - Pension fund - Labour & National Health Insurance
- Commercial Benefits: - Medical & Travel - Annual Health Check
- Holiday, 21 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, mobile phone purchase, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Hsinchu Design Center is home to engineers primarily supporting the CPU, Physical Design, Partner Enablement and Sales divisions that work closely with key partners MediaTek and TSMC. Hsinchu is located a quick 30 minute bullet train ride away southwest of Taipei and similar to Taipei, the city offers an abundance of delicious and cheap food as well as plenty of outdoor activities.
Arm Taiwan Ltd. HDC Branch
4F., No.5, Gongye E.
7th Rd., East Dist.,
Hsinchu City 300