Staff Design Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14711
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan memory products. The Artisan high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra-low power memories are optimized for each silicon technology. Arm products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in production or development at state of the art semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our memory development group comprises some of the industry’s leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This position is a rare opportunity for a digital circuit professional to work with the world’s most successful circuit and layout team with exposure to a wide variety of design rules from leading edge foundries.
What will I be accountable for?
RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE BUT ARE ALSO NOT LIMITED TO:
- You will contribute in all parts of Advance Product Memory development flow, starting at design spec
- Understand Memory design and development, analyze memory marginality in advance technology (16nm and beyond)
- Understand and perform circuit design, memory characterization, and related verifications needed for the memories to work seamlessly in CPUs and SOCs
- Experiment with and evaluate new memory architectures and methodologies
- Work with other key designers to continually define, improve and develop memory infrastructure and methods
- Ensure high quality and high performance memory designs with the lowest possible power as needed for arm CPUs, GPUs, and SOCs.
- Lead small teams of circuit and layout designers throughout the entire memory development process
- Provide mentoring and leadership to other designers on the team
- Define and drive improvements in the memory development infrastructure and flows
- Work with project management to define schedules and highlight risks and issues
- Interact with customers as needed throughout the course of the memory development
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant circuit design experience (for BSEE)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant circuit design experience (for MSEE)
- Memory circuit design experience (SRAM preferred)
- FinFet Circuit/Layout experience with deep submicron technologies (16nm or smaller)
- Fundamental understanding of technology tradeoffs in deep sub-micron design
- Fundamental understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) layout techniques
- Experience in low power circuit techniques
- Experience leading small teams to develop high performance, low power memories
- Experience mentoring other engineer
- Experience defining and driving key methodologies for high performance, low power memory development
WHAT DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCES WILL YOU BRING?
- Experience working with place & route chip design tools
- Experience with layout automation tools as well as physical verification tools like Calibre and Hercules.
- Experience working with DFM tools like Calibre LFD, PrimeYield, etc.
- Experience with other EDA tools such as Design Compiler, IC Compiler, PrimeTime, SoC Encounter, Pacific, Nanosim, Pathmill, Spectre, HSPICE, HSIM, Finesim, etc.
- Programming or scripting experience
- Coding, modifying, or reading DRC/LVS runsets
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace.
These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourage alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- You are a good listener and explore alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- You are persuasive rather than pushing when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates an effective, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- You strive to achieve win-win outcomes for arm and our customers
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735