Solution Architect HiscoxJob ID: 6536
Employment type: Permanent - Full time
Location(s): London, England
Preferred education: Degree or equivalent
IT at Hiscox operates as a strategic business partner as opposed to a more traditional support function. The division, made up of 220 IT experts and specialists, is central to the Hiscox strategy, driving the agenda in each Business Unit. We are made up of people who push the organization to think differently and therefore look to attract / recruit people who aren’t afraid to challenge how things are done and approach their work with a pioneering mindset. IT is not a home for the faint hearted. We are trusted for our track record of delivery and respected for our commercial thinking and have earned our place at the table.
This is an exciting time within Hiscox with the organisation going through several large transformation projects. This role is within the Group function which is currently undertaking a company wide Finance Transformation. This is the chance to be at the heart of this large and exciting programme helping drive the solutions that will allow the overall vision and goals to be achieved. The programme consists of 12 major projects which will need to be architected and integrated to provide the overall solution.
You will be using Oracle Fusion Cloud, Oracle EPM Cloud, Azure DB, Azure Data Lake, Data Warehouse, MDM, .Net and host of other technologies and COTS applications to design Hiscox’s business systems.
You will be involved in RFIs, RFPs and selection and evaluation of Hiscox’s strategic systems.
You will be working in combination with a number of other architects focussing on specific projects but working closely as a team to deliver designs that meet the strategic needs of the business. You will also be part of a wider group of architects across Hiscox contributing to driving forward the architecture across the group and share and develop ideas and help with the strategic thinking.
You will be expected to lead the design in your specific projects ensuring that this is fit for purpose but also works in combination with the other project deliveries. You will be supporting the project from design through to implementation and transition to BAU to ensure that it is delivering for both business customers and those supporting the systems.
- Engage actively across the enterprise with a wide range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders. This means the ability to change their style/approach is essential. Identifying what a particular stakeholder needs to know or is concerned about is critical to ensuring that projects address the major stakeholder concerns on an on-going basis.
- Take ownership of a Solution Design and ensure all members of a project team are bought in the vision. Work across internal and external delivery teams and partners. Technical, architectural, functional impact and risk elements of the design need to be conveyed to technical and non-technical members. Presenting options, risks, recommendations in a language and a way that shows understanding and technical leadership is essential.
- Working closely with business domain experts and therefore must be comfortable acquiring and using business domain language and knowledge to convey concepts and recommendations.
- Engage with and assist delivery teams across the whole lifecycle of the project in delivering the Solution. From understanding testing requirements to being involved with the development of solution using a variety of technologies, the Solution Architect is required to be able to engage and operate across a broad range of technologies on premise, on Azure and SaaS solutions.
- Working closely with vendors to ensure there is right technical fit of the solution. This means actively contributing to RFIs, RFPs and subsequently working closely with them in design and implementation of the solution.