Software Project Consultant NCC Group
Software Project Consultant
The successful candidate will join our established consultancy team within the Escrow division, delivering consultancy around our Verification exercises. The role requires excellent client-facing skills as well as a good understanding of software development and Cloud-based technology.
The role of a Verification Consultant is critical to NCC Group’s continued growth. The successful candidate will deliver, and be accountable for auditing and documenting the processes and steps required to rebuild software applications and Cloud infrastructures for both national and international clients. As such, frequent travel, both domestic and international, is to be expected with this role with the successful candidate having the flexibility to occasionally undertake trips at short-notice.
- Travel to client sites, both domestically and internationally, to audit and document the rebuild process of software applications and Cloud infrastructures.
- Carry out remote Verification exercises to audit and document the rebuild process of software applications and Cloud infrastructures.
- Collaborate with external software developers and users on a variety of development platforms, technologies and architectures.
- Responsibly manage the transfer of material to be escrowed to NCC Group in order for it to be stored securely.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of Verification exercises, giving suitable consideration to the licensee/software vendor relationship.
- Produce and occasionally present Verification reports based on the specifics of a given Verification exercise.
- Ensure Verification reports are written to the expected quality and within the agreed SLA’s.
- Provide technical pre and post-sales support to Account Managers and sales administration where required.
- Accompany Account Managers to client site meetings to support the positioning and scoping of Verification exercises.
Essential role requirements
- Strong technical knowledge of software development and associated technologies.
- An understanding of a range of common programming languages, cloud based systems and associated infrastructure.
- Have a general awareness and understanding of information security and the associated considerations.
- Excellent presentation skills to both small and large audiences.
- Proven ability to explain technical content to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with senior management.
- Ability to understand demanding technical engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage client interactions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent document-writing and presentation skills reflecting complex technical solutions.
- Ability to create and host training sessions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively manage your own time and work to deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally at short notice.
About NCC Group
NCC Group is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
With our knowledge, experience and global footprint, we are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.
We are passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security.
Headquartered in Manchester, UK, with over 35 offices across the world, NCC Group employs more than 2,000 people and is a trusted advisor to 15,000 clients worldwide.
If your skills and experience meet the needs of the role requirement, we will endeavour to respond to every application within 10 working days, however, if you haven’t heard back from us within this timeframe on this occasion your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful but please do continue to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other more suitable roles.