Software Engineer- Android Platform Wayfair
Locations: Boston, MA
Who we are?
The Customer Help – Native Platforms team empowers customers by providing them world-class solutions to service their needs once an order is placed. Our mission is to provide all the necessary tools to our customers so that they can resolve their order related needs without having to contact Customer Service. We serve a global customer base and build solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. We are a data-driven team that believes in basing our decisions by looking at data and customer feedback. We believe in experimentation through A/B tests or user testing and love to take risks.
Why this team?
We are an new innovative, energetic technology team recently started to focus on solutions directly to helping the customer after a purchase is made. The Customer Help team sits at a perfect intersection of our Storefront Engineering and Operational Engineering organizations. We focus on both iOS and Android applications and provide a sleek and seamless customer experience to complex logistical problems (For example – Returns). Some of the cool projects this team has worked on recently –
- Live tracking on the day of delivery – On the day of delivery, we provide customers with a way to track the real-time location of delivery trucks on a map interface.
- PreCheck Customer Support - Smart flow for customer support to gather useful information about the user and the current issue before contacting customer service. This allows the agents to service the customer quickly and also simplifies the experience for customer.
- Tracking through a Google Home interface – This provides the ability to customers to talk to their Google Home device and ask questions like – “When is my couch arriving” or “When was my rug delivered?”.
What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Design and develop enhanced self-service features on Android/Tablet for viewing order information, setting up returns, cancellations, and other high impact post order actions.
- Work on problems of scale - we have a global audience, you will help build apps that are highly performant, reliable and fault tolerant for users across US, Canada, and Europe.
- Write high-quality Java and/or Kotlin code
- Help shape the roadmap for Android development for self-service features.
- Contribute ideas to improve our team processes and best practices based on your experience
You have -
- A passion for building cool technology
- A great team spirit and desire to provide the best customer experience.
- 1-4 years of professional experience as an Android Engineer.
- Experience with Objective C, Swift, and/or Cocoa.
- Experience writing apps that consume RESTful services.
- Great communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and a web language like PHP, Python, Java, or C#.
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design MVC, and web architecture.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.