Software Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14337
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Arm Artisan Memory products deliver optimized performance, power and area results and are widely used in designs ranging from performance critical to cost sensitive and low power applications.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop, implement and lead methodology for CAD software for memory compiler development and validation.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to be a part of talented and highly motivated team and design/implement complex software solution for leading edge Arm memory products.
What will you be accountable for?
- You will bring highly innovative methodologies to tackle technology challenges on advanced nodes
- You will work with memory designers and third-party EDA vendors to develop memory CAD solutions
- You will deploy, support and enhance the CAD solution for targeting the best User Experience of our customer base.
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other significant technical disciplines.
- You are fluent in at least one of the programming languages: Java, C/C++, Python, Perl in Linux environment
- You have 2-3 years’ experience in complex Software product development on which you did apply good software architecture know-how, Object-oriented design, excellent coding, software testing technics, debugging practices, SCM (Subversion, Git,…)
- Good social skills and enthusiastic team-player in a global work environment which require written and oral English language skills
- You are eager to explore new technologies, autonomous and willing to share knowledge
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications:
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development process in software project
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Neral network, Inference engine, Database Theory
- Experiences with IT environment: Linux, Shell, Load balancing system (e.g. LSF), Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google), Configuration Management System (SVN, GIT, DSS)
- Experience with Hardware semiconductor (IP, SoC) design, development, and verification flows and/or EDA/CAD development
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex