Senior/Staff Engineer,Verification ARM
- Job ID #: 15088
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - CPU
- Department: Central Engineering - CPU Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm improves people’s lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our smart low-power technology. Together we are crafting the future of a better world.
Arm’s CPU group develop high performance CPU cores that lie many of today’s digital devices. Customers demand high quality and reliable IP, as the cost of design iterations is deeply high and shorter design cycles means that re-spins can be disastrous for the success of a product. Against this background, Arm has welcomed a 'right-first-time' methodology and recognizes the need for dedicated verification engineers to work with the design team. Verification of Arm CPUs is a tough challenge and is often a harder task than design. At Arm several complementary methodologies are used to ensure that no bugs go undetected. Arm CPU Verification Engineers have and develop specialist skills and knowledge and apply both hardware and software skills to the validation task. They work as part of the CPU design team to ensure that all areas of the design are understood and deeply validated. This requires an insight both of the 'big picture' at the architectural level and of the detail at the implementation level.
- Technical contribution within the projects to deliver effective Verification of Arm CPU IPs
- Execution of CPU DV with focus on improvement of IP quality; stress testing and bug hunting
- Strong and continuous communication, as most of the stakeholders are cross site, in terms of continuous engagement through status updates and meetings, as well as delivery against expectation.
- Determine appropriate timescales, provide appropriate input to specifications and project plans, to ensure that all engineering commitments are delivered successfully.
- Maintain a competent knowledge of company processes in order to work constructively within given standards and methodologies
- Drive efficiency improvement through adoption of right verification tools and methodologies.
Good university Degree in Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Other Science graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in an IP/SOC product development environment
- Familiar with instruction driven verification of processors based on Assembler or C/C++
- Familiar with Microprocessor and/or SoC Architecture and micro Architecture, preferably ARM processors and ARM processor based systems.
- Experience of ARM based System Designs, Knowledge of CPU and hierarchical memory system.
- Experience with Design Verification/validation best practices such as Test Plan development, Testbench development and execution thereof.
- Familiar with Embedded Software Development flows and best practices
- Familiar with SoC/ASIC integration flow and architectures
- Languages: Verilog, C/C++, Assembly, Perl
- Verification Languages such as System Verilog, Specman ‘e’ or Vera
- Familiar with Design and development of verification testbench and components needed for effective verification
Arm core beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.