Senior Tester SkyEmployee status: Permanent
Closing date: Ongoing
Reference number: 41060
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our growing project execution team.
“Within our team you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to manage and enhance innovative consumer products, this is a great opportunity to work within an open collaborative environment!”
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
Be a key member of a small team of highly motivated developers / testers using knowledge of both software and hardware devices.
- Software Component testing.
- Take responsibility for delivery of software testing to committed schedule.
- Raise and track defects and provide status reports to the team leader.
- Identify technical changes necessary to achieve a specific requirement.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
- Escalate, where necessary, project and technical conflicts.
- Strong team player. Enjoys collaborative working.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A self-motivated person who can work in a demanding environment to strict time lines.
- Creative, innovative thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Meticulous and thorough with a healthy respect for quality and standards.
- Proven software engineering experience with a sound appreciation of all aspects of the software life cycle.
- Ability to analyse and improve working practises within the team as well as the products developed.
- Evidence of practical achievements in the application of one or more of the following skill and knowledge sets – Defect database tracking and maintenance, Software architecture and design, DVB, XSI, DSS Digital TV standards and understanding of low level Set Top Box architecture is a must.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better