Senior Test Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14717
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering Operations
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm PhysicalDesignGroup (PDG) delivers the most comprehensive and advanced physical IP solution allowing the implementation of complex SoC designs. What Arm PDG offers is the oldest and most widely used in the industry and includes logic IP, Standard Cell, Embedded Memory Compilers, Interface IP and Processor Optimization Pack (POPs). All of the Arm physical IP products are specifically optimized for each foundry and process technology from 250nm to 14nm semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs.
The Silicon Validation group works on the validation of the library products offered by ArmPhysicalDesignGroup on Silicon. We design on test chips aimedtovalidateIPproducts (logic libraries, memories, IOs and Analog blocks) for cutting-edge semiconductor processes (viz. >90nm, 90nm, 65nm, 40nm, 32nm, 28nm and 14nm) for various leading foundriesandIDMs around the world. We then characterize and test the silicon dies built by the foundries. These IPs are used by SOC companies & integrated in their design. It is imperative to validate them, to confirm their functionality to customers.
- You will work as part of the PDG Silicon Validation team in charge of design, implement and test of high quality Test Chip vehicles to silicon validate our Physical IPs.
- You will be responsible for silicon testing of Test Chip vehicle aimed to validate IP products using the leading-edge process technologies from foundries.
- To be a successful Test Engineer you should be persistent, pragmatic, globally aware, ethically strong, believe in making profit and be prepared to work hard in a strong collaboration environment to get the job done time after time. Delivery of results is an important measurement of success in this role.
What will you be accountable for:
- You will help define test chip specifications and develop and implement test methodology.
- You will convert test patterns from VCD and other formats to ATE target tester format.
- Generate ATE test programs for functional, characterization and debug testing
- Collect characterization data from ATE tester, then use available scripts and tools to extract and analyze relevant data for report generation
- Work with IP Design, Test Chip Design, and Product Engineering to debug failures
- Use of lab equipment including high speed oscilloscope and curve tracer to perform bench tests, if required
- Specify and work with contract vendors to build new test hardware when needed
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors/Masters in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from good institute with 4+ years of Test or Product Engineering Experience
Essential skills and Experience
- Familiar with IC characterization and test methodology; Familiar with common ATE test platforms and test equipment
- Able to develop and generate test program from device specification
- Programming skills in C, C++, Perl, Labview and Microsoft Office
- Hands on device debugging
- Previous hardware design experience, such as load-board and package design
- Working knowledge of CMOS devices and DRAM and SRAM memories
- Knowledge on ESD & LU Testing
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Fluency in English is mandatory
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Specific experience on Teradyne Magnum memory tester or Advantest Smart Scale 93000 tester.
- Experience of working with remote and international teams
- Knowledge of IP libraries components (Logic models, Timing, power and noise Models, Layout, Abstract) and their use in System On Chip development design flows (Simulation, Synthesis, Floor planning, Place and Route, Physical verification).
- General understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and application to IP development (Design rules, Design for Manufacturing, Spice modeling.)
It is important for you to be:
- Committed and highly driven to achieve objectives - Able to handle tasks through to completion
- Self-sufficient - Able to define priorities and schedule own work as well as that of others
- Reliable and open-minded with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written - Ability to express ideas effectively and produce well-constructed arguments
- Willingness and ability to support process improvement initiatives
- Able to understand commercial realities and implications for projects and company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.