Senior Test Analyst AO
A Bit About UsWe’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the RoleOur award winning IT department is looking for a Senior Test Analyst with a flair for design and UX to help us test our front end web products from a visual, user experience and functional point of view. You will spend much of your time putting yourself in the customers’ shoes, testing on a variety of devices and platforms while collaborating with UX designers, front and back end developers, copy writers and creative designers to name a few. You will need to be comfortable being present from the start to finish of the software development life cycle making your contribution at every stage, from ticket slicing in our agile development teams to the final test effort and onto live. If you’re obsessed about great online customer experience - from a technical, functional and design point of view, then AO needs you!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing* Understand and execute testing for business, functional, technical & UI requirements across a range of projects and departments
* Perform multi-device and browser testing across multi-lingual sites
* Develop and maintain automated test scripts based on potential impact of new functionality or changes
* Be a champion for quality, encouraging improvement through collaboration
* Provide advice and guidance to agile teams around test strategies
* Lead and mentor other Test Analysts across the teams to progress their development
* Engage with the wider testing community to share knowledge and help implement strategic improvements
A Few Things About YouWe’re looking for a passionate individual who’s ready to make their mark in our fast-paced, dynamic, IT Team and contribute to creating the very best experience for our customers.
* You’ll have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in testing, ideally working with e-commerce websites
* You’ll have a strong passion for UX, being obsessive about design, usability and aesthetics as well as functionality
* You’ll be keen to take ownership & responsibility of your work, driving it through from start to finish, whilst coolly overcoming any obstacles that may arise
* You’ll be well versed in a variety of testing styles and disciplines - from exploratory to automation to accessibility
* You’ll have managed or mentored other testers and helped to elevate them and the quality of their work
* You will possess creative problem solving skills in a team environment and will be comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of the business
* You’ll have an interest in technology, always keeping up to date with the latest trends
* You’ll have an excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle and defect resolution process
* You’ll have a thirst for knowledge and a passion for developing your testing, technical and professional skills