Senior Software Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14918
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is a state-of-art company providing high-performance, high-quality, and low-power CPUs and Physical Libraries to world's leading chip and device manufacturers like IBM, Samsung, TSMC, UMC, and Qualcomm to name a few.
The Physical IP Division inside Arm builds Physical IPs of various types like Standard Cells, Memory, IO and Analog. These are extensively used by thousands of IC designers around the world to design leading edge chips down to 20nm and below.
A dedicated team of experienced professionals aids this process of developing key in-house software applications that serves the core needs across the various departments of Physical IP. Examples are streamlining product definitions, product delivery, schematic/layout optimization, IP characterization, EDA model generation/verification, and physical IP verification, operational efficiencies, and royalty-revenue tracking.
The Software Developer will be part of the software development team developing and deploying state of the art software to streamline Physical IP production in an efficient, automated manner, yet with high-quality. This requires understanding the requirements spanning multiple Arm sites worldwide and offering high quality software solutions with efficiency and promptness. You have an exciting opportunity to work with accomplished software engineers worldwide, participating with them in problem specification, problem solving, and design implementation.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will develop, test, deploy and support applications to streamline product definition, development, and delivery
- You will work closely with software developers in the Automation group to define high level software architecture and design.
- You will have to work closely with Arm design engineers and project managers to ensure alignment on software requirements
- You will improve overall operational efficiency
- You will validate, deploy, and support software tools
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics/Electrical engineering
- 5 years+ hands-on experience in developing applications in either Java or Python or C++
- Strong object-oriented programming concepts and familiarity with design patterns
- Familiarity with databases such as MySQL/Oracle DB/Mongo DB/SQLite
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- Experience with cloud computing, security, and object storage
- GUI programming and testing
- Experience with full-stack web development
- Experience delivering client applications
- Background in VLSI design and EDA software development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.