Senior Software Engineer - Customer Information Systems Wayfair
Locations: Boston, MA
Categories: Engineering - Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence
Senior Software Engineer - Customer Information Systems
Dynamic Optimization Platform and Analytics
The Team: Cutting edge intelligent systems. Big data at massive scale. World class ad tech to drive phenomenal growth in a multi-billion dollar business. Real-time tracking and personalization to engage millions of shoppers daily: Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering @ Wayfair.
The Testing and Analytics team’s mission is to deliver best in class testing and analysis solutions and platforms at an enterprise level for the Wayfair business. With our current technologies we run hundreds of tests each month across our Storefront, Marketing Email, and Notifications platforms that enable Wayfair to learn and provide the best experiences for customers. The team works with stakeholders across the business and engineering to expand our current testing capabilities into new use cases (Push Notifications, SEO, Pricing) and partners with Data Science and Analytics to implement robust analytic solutions.
Your focus will be in leading the team to design the technology and deliver on our rich product roadmap. This specific role will involve expanding our Multi-armed bandit capabilities, upgrading our current assignment techniques to a more robust methodology, building a web-based test analysis tool, and developing real-time analytics and alerting solutions within the testing experience. The work will be collaborative, the pace will be fast, and there is a healthy supply of engineering and analytics challenges that need solving.
- Build systems and tools to provide new site optimization strategies for Storefront, Search, SEO, Marketing Email, Push Notifications etc and expand upon the existing A/B, Multivariate and Multi-armed Bandit capabilities.
- Build new assignment methodologies and improve how we do exclusivity among tests across all of our testing solutions.
- Design and develop a web-based test analysis application
- Work closely with Product to identify new requirements and design consistent, reliable and robust solutions.
- Work closely with Analytics to develop solutions to provide meaningful insights into customer behavior and feature performance.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team and do regular code reviews.
- An engineer with at least 5 years of professional experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the drive to deliver for stakeholders across cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in full stack development using PHP, React/Redux, SQL
- A desire to work in Java and Python
- Interest in statistics and predictive analytics techniques (hands-on experience a plus)
- Experience using Hive and MemSQL is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication, along with a strong sense of ownership.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.