Senior Programme Manager QinetiQ
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job ID: 9437
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specificationQinetiQ are seeking to appoint a Senior Programme Manager to lead the delivery of our data intelligence (analytics, DevOps etc.) programmes portfolio within our Communications Intelligence Solutions business (CIS).
Support the business Lead in all aspects of running a £20m+ business for the benefit of QinetiQ and multiple client groups. Business is conducted with UK central Government, blue chip commercial clients, MoD entities and overseas customers and will be carried out operating in a matrix organisation. Influence the business, clients and internal teams at all levels to increase business effectiveness.
• Define, articulate and realise strategic benefits
• Understand the market the Business is operating in, able to analyse and predict trends and changes
• Take lead on new business opportunities and capability developments
• High impact customer facing programme intervention
• Strong & effective influencer of client strategy and spend - for mutual benefit of client and QinetiQ
• Excellent communicator, able to sell the QinetiQ brand and portfolio in a compelling manner
• Manage the interdependencies between projects, and between projects and business as usual
• Monitor projects, programmes and portfolio against time, quality, cost, risks and issues KPIs
• Act as Performance Development Manager for Project Managers within the team
• Ownership of business improvement initiatives
• Proactive implementation of new corporate standards and toolsets
• Review and authorise project progress through the lifecycle gates in line with corporate guidance
• Responsibility for management of the strategic and day-to-day customer relationship, identification of current and future customer needs, and coordination of business winning activities
• Work with E&O organisation to plan future resource requirements and identify skills gaps; delivery of short-term and long-term resourcing solutions to meet the business needs.
• Day-to-day responsibility for multi-disciplinary teams that are often customer-based, in addition to management of direct reports
Experience and qualifications required:
• MSP Practitioner qualification.
• Leadership experience within a complex defence organisation
• Experience leading Data Intelligence or Cyber based programmes
• Current DV clearance, or the ability to acquire it is essential