Senior Primary Development Manager Ocado
Closing date: 31 Jan 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
As the Senior Primary Development manager, you will focus on the overall success of the entire network as it expands geography and the services it can offer. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering a set budget and be encouraged to look for new and better ways of doing things. The role requires close partnership with 3PLs, trading, finance, legal and Supply Chain functions.
This position contributes to Ocado’s success by leading the development of the Ocado Primary Network. In this role you will lead and grow the Primary team by strengthening the Primary Network to create real value for Ocado’s suppliers, internal stakeholders and its customers.
The ideal candidate would have experience with a Primary Network either from a retailer or suppliers perspective, be able to lead a team, think entrepreneurially and be ready for a challenge
This role has direct management and budget responsibility for 2 Primary Network Account Managers and indirect management responsibility for 2 administrators. This role is based at our Hatfield head office and covers all 4 Customer Fulfilment Centres.
- Work internally and externally to ensure continued business growth and KPI standards
- Manage and drive long term strategic goals that will produce cost savings and efficiencies across the operation
- Forge strong and sustainable relationships and maintain high levels of accuracy with suppliers and third party partners in all areas of the business e.g. product data, transportation, inbound process
- Initiate and develop relationships with senior CFC managers to facilitate a feedback route for all supply chain/supplier issues.
- Proactively engage operational and retail departments to understand and balance their needs with inventory efficiency
- Team building, leadership and motivation including performance development reviews (personal and personnel) objective setting and coaching
- Monitoring and reporting activity progress and making adjustments based on strategic goals including delivery of agreed budgeted saving
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area
- Manage mass storage seasonal projects enhancing outbound customer fulfilment
- Management of 3PLs, driving innovation through negotiation
- Creation and continued development of The Ocado primary network and interaction with Waitrose primary network
- Ocado LGV fleet utilisation through Backhaul opportunities. Review current ‘empty’ space and identify supplier collections
- Deputise when needed for the Head of Supply Chain Excellence Manager
- A strong track record in an FMCG or commercial supply chain and a proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Previous management experience in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships across the business
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others.
- Drive & enthusiasm, demonstrating ability to adapt to fast pace and rapid change and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
- Strong business skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent planning & organisational skills, planning and achieving results through effective change management
- Confident decision maker who is able to work independently and on behalf of many others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Excellent PC skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) to at least intermediate level
- A customer focused outlook and the ability to see how day to day issues can impact the customer experience.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to working hours to support a 24/7 business operation
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Formal Supply Chain qualifications
- Experience in the e-commerce sector
- Regular travel is required so a driving licence is beneficial
- Previous experience of 3rd party vendor management
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.