Senior Memory Design Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14888
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
How would you like to join Arm at a time of transformation in our industry?
Our memory development group comprises some of the industry’s leading experts in deep submicron circuit design. This position is a rare opportunity for you as a memory circuit professional to work with our successful circuit and layout team. You will discover a wide variety of leading edge foundries and work on different types of memories, volatile and non-volatile.
What will I be accountable for?
In this role you will be working on the following areas:
- Contribute to Memory architectures and Memory compiler development.
- Transistor full-custom design and collaboration with the physical design team for layout realization
- Developing new features, improvements and optimizations in order to meet Performance, Power and Area targets
- Oversee memory characterization activities and analyzing results
- Be comfortable with basic programming tasks (scripts, memory compiler tiling code)
- Ensuring high quality and high-performance memory designs with the lowest possible power as needed for Arm CPUs, GPUs, and SOCs.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You have a strong circuit design experience.
- You demonstrate an experience in physical IP design (memories or standard cells or IOs or PHYs)
- You have designed on silicon technologies equal or smaller than 28nm
- You know the memory fundamentals, especially single-port-SRAM ones.
- You have acquired a good understanding of technology trade-offs in deep sub-micron technologies
- You are familiar with Cadence Virtuoso and Spice or FastSpice simulators
- You love working in a collaborative environment
- You appreciate thematics linked to methodology and productivity improvements
- Knowledge of Java
- Statistical simulations (e.g. Monte-Carlo)
- Familiar with layout constraints
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex