Senior Java Software Developer SkyEmployee status: Permanent
Closing date: Ongoing
Reference number: 41653
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment Company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Sky+ Delivery team.
"Our team is constantly looking to improve our product ensuring our customers enjoy the highest levels of reliability coupled with an innovative user experience that is continuously evolving. We’re looking forward to welcoming someone new in to our friendly team”
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Java Software Developer at Junior, Senior and Principal levels, looking to work on exciting features that reach millions of customers everyday. You will work in a friendly, supportive team of like-minded, passionate people to deliver the software and solutions that power the finest TV experiences in the UK.
- Working together with senior developers, business analysts, product owners and technical authorities across a range of product features with involvement at all stages of the development process
- “Believing in better”, maintain a professional and effective culture of continuous improvement that makes our people and engineering better while increasing our predictability and efficiency
- Promoting a culture of quality conversations within the team and with other teams and stakeholders, technical and non-technical, that we depend on to achieve our goals
Your key skills:
- Experience in Java with a testing first approach to developmentand knowledge of embedded system development
- An aptitude to analysis and problem-solving, being able to make good technical decisions and to convince others as to the merits and reasons for those decisions
- Being able to prioritise tasks according to business and company objectives and having the flexibility to adjust to change and still meet challenging, fixed deadlines
- Maintaining a constructive perspective and being committed to the success of the team
- Knowledge of concepts such as unit testing, mocking frameworks, test driven development, using source control systems, object oriented design, refactoring using an IDE, continuous integration, AWT and MVC
- Linux scripting and administration
- Working knowledge of Gradle and experience with HTTP, TCP/IP protocol stack and development of web service APIs
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better