Senior Fulfilment Operations Planner Ocado
Closing date: 17 Mar 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
About the Role
An excellent opportunity is now available to join our team in Hatfield as a Fulfilment Operations Senior Planner.
A Senior Planner possesses passion that inspires team members, is driven to achieve daily / weekly / monthly goals, is able to see the bigger picture and is motivated by working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Travel to various sites around the country will be required on a regular basis within this role.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for specific areas within Planning;
- To build an expert knowledge and continually develop an understanding of how Planning interacts with other areas;
- To build and maintain a relationship with CFC Operational team;
- To build and maintain the structure of reporting including headcounts, recruitment, capacity and site growth;
- To maintain accurate Time and Attendance data, ensure efficient communication of accurate rosters, effectively manage Ocado employee’s holiday entitlements in line with business restrictions, deal with employee roster queries in a prompt and professional manner and monitor overall headcount / raise concerns regarding shortages and surplus;
- To identify possible savings, opportunities for change and improvements for the department and support their implementation;
- To manage resources efficiently to ensure targets are met;
- To oversee the training of new Planners and to act as a mentor in the initial phase of their development program;
- To promote and encourage the effective use of departmental systems and processes;
- To ensure Competition Compliance Guidelines are followed.
What are we looking for?
The role requires excellent communication skills as the job includes daily interaction with Ocado management and other internal customers. There is a need for attention to detail, accuracy and speed to complete tasks. Problem solving attitude and solution focused mind is absolutely essential to this role.
As this role covers a 7 day operation, you will be required to work frequent weekends as part of a roster.
This is a pivotal role that would suit a people-person with a strong administrative and customer service background along with strong analytical problem solving ability.
You will be an extremely organised individual who is able to multi-task and prioritise work within a busy environment and demonstrate your ability to work under pressure with multiple projects and large workloads. Above all, you must be flexible and enjoy a challenge!
The skills we are looking for -
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge
- Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise
- High levels of customer service
- Time management skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work individually or as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all employee levels
- Confronting issues openly and quickly
- Taking responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement
- Flexible approach to working hours to support 24/7 business operation;
Preferred in addition to essential -
- Relevant experience in Planning, preferably in the logistics industry, with proven track record of success
- Experience working with Gmail and its documents and sheets.
- Life Assurance;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Income Protection;
- 28 days holiday, increasing to 30 with 3 years’ service;
- 15% Ocado discount;
- Various Ocado share schemes.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.