Senior DevOps Infrastructure Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 15564
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Development Solutions
- Department: DSG Enterprise HPC Engineering
- Primary Country: Germany
- Primary Location: Grasbrunn
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have a passion for Continuous Integration and DevOps? Would you like to apply your expertise to embedded, mobile and supercomputing environments? Joining Arm’s Debug Tools Infrastructure team in Grasbrunn, you will design novel CI/CD solutions to improve the efficiency and quality of our products.
What will I be accountable for?
As a member of the Infrastructure team, your work will be a mixture of both development and support. This will range from implementation and deployment systems designed to enable other teams, to maintenance tasks and tutoring on how best to use the services we provide.
Our day-to-day work is dynamic and the following are examples of tasks you are likely to be involved in:
- Providing infrastructure solutions to assist development teams across Arm Debug Tools. This includes the full range of Debug software from microcontrollers and mobiles to Supercomputers.
- Close collaboration with software development teams to provide fast and reliable CI/CD solutions.
- Providing timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by internal customers.
- Providing technical support, workshops and presentations to teach CI/CD.
- Investigation and implementation of new systems/features
- Requirements analysis and task breakdown
- Communication & collaboration with engineering IT and other Arm infrastructure groups
- Collaboration with peers to embrace common approaches to CI/CD, sharing expertise as well as code.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and has production deployment experience, with a variety of software development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
Education and Qualifications
A university degree or equivalent on the job experience and knowledge.
What essential skills and experience do I need?
- You are comfortable using Linux Command Line (e.g. Bash) for day-to-day work.
- You use version control, such as Git.
- You have experience of creating Continuous Integration Pipelines, using Jenkins, go.cd or similar tools.
- You use Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. The role involves collaborating with development teams in Arm to deliver improvements to continuous integration. Excellent problem solving abilities are required.
- A good level of proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Java or Go and a willingness and capability to learn more.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle including design, implementation and testing. Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
The following additional key skills and behaviours are desirable for the role, but are not essential. You will be given the opportunity to develop new skills.
- You have integrated and used version control and code review systems, such as Git, Gerrit, GitHub into DevOps flows
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet are central to your work.
- Much of your work uses virtual machines and cloud technologies. Having worked in this context before you have skills in technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Terraform and OpenStack. Experience of using public clouds such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud would be desirable.
- Integration with Artifactory or Nexus for artefact storage.
- You understand the need to track and measure progress with appropriate metrics and have used tooling to visualize the results such as Kibana and Graphana.
- Supporting infrastructure of the team's software delivery, you will understand what monitoring is required to enable early indication of potential problems to be seen and fixed, and can configure systems to support this
- Test automation is a key part of Continuous Delivery and you will have experience with automated test frameworks, such as Robot Framework.
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team
- Flexible and open to new challenges
The location for this career opportunity can be either in our Grasbrunn, Germany or Cambridge, UK office.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 30 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Grasbrunn office is located close to Munich and is home to a mixture of Keil Development Solutions engineers, Sales and Marketing staff. Being in the heart of Bavaria, there is plenty to see and do, including the world famous annual Oktoberfest.
Arm Germany GmbH
Bretonischer Ring 16