Senior DevOps Engineer SkyEmployee status: Permanent
Closing date: Ongoing
Reference number: 40056
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Persistence team
Software development is a cross functional team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that put us ahead of competition across: online content, customer service and sales.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- Enhancing and supporting a build framework for continuous deployment and platform automation
- Running development, stage and production environments and deployments.
- Supporting and working alongside agile development teams to ensure they have all the facilities to get the job done.
- Owning and managing relationships with multiple suppliers &/or equivalent internal teams.
- Designing and implementing a platform including automated provisioning, security, management infrastructure (e.g. DNS, time, Authentication, mail and directory services).
- Establishing and running the processes for monitoring, security and infrastructure life cycle.
- Proven experience of Infrastructure planning and exposure to different high-availability IT infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge & practical experience with Ansible/Puppet/Chef.
- Experience of Kafka or similar open source streaming platforms.
- NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, CouchBase or MongoDB.
- Message Queue technologies like ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ.
- Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins and GoCD.
- Programming experience with Java/Python
- High Availability and Load Balancer Solutions such as Nginx. F5, etc.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better