Senior Design Engineer (Testchip) ARM
- Job ID #: 14424
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering Operations
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm also offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of high-density, low-power and ultra low-power standard cell, memory and IO products.
The Silicon Technology group engages in the silicon validation of the library products offered by Arm PIPD division. We work on test chips aimed to validate libraries for cutting-edge semiconductor processes (viz. >90nm, 90nm, 65nm, 40nm, 32nm, 28nm and 14nm) for various leading foundries and IDMs around the world.
The Senior Design Engineering position is expected to take lead contributor role in –
- Developing testchips from netlist to tape-out for validating IPs.
- SOC integration for Test chip
- Once the silicon comes back generating correlation reports between expected characterized timing and the Silicon measured numbers,
- Maintain and enhance the SoC and Silicon validation flow aiming higher quality and efficiency.
In joining Silicon Technology group, you will have a fulfilling experience in working on interesting and challenging problems and working with a group of highly talented professionals while getting a rare opportunity to work on the full flow of netlist to Silicon validation and getting a thorough understanding of the process technology.
- Netlist to gds2 implementation for fullchip as well as blocks and tape-out the testchip for cutting edge technologies including 14nm and 7nm
- Experience in System on Chip implementation
- Own chip implementation flows and testchip architecture and constantly striving for higher quality and efficiency through automation and innovation
- Interact and co-ordinate with the IP design engineering, end customer, customer support and project management groups -
- During the entire testchip development process & Later;
- While generating Silicon numbers and further debugging the Silicon for any potential issue
Educational Qualifications :
BS/B. Tech or MS/M. Tech
Essential Technical Skills:
- At least 4 years of relevant SoC Physical Design implementation experience with contribution in multiple tape out
- Experience in top and(or) block) level floorplanning, Place and Route, CTS, logical and physical optimization, timing closure, power and signal integrity, design physical verification (LVS and DRC), functional verification etc.
Must be hands-on and possess solid digital design experience for chip and system definition, low power design techniques, multiple power domain design, clock gating, multi VT design, CPF and CDC tools.
- Experience in working with Cadence SoC Encounter (EDI) and caliber.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages like Perl, Tcl, shell scripting
- Understanding of verilog based digital design and coding.
- Knowledge of Industry standard verification tools for simulation and debug
- Fundamental understanding of Design For Manufacturability (DFM)
Familiarity with spice simulation tools e.g. HSpice/HSIM
- Understanding and working experience in static and dynamic IR-drop analysis.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible with strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrate good team player attitude to earn trust from all the colleagues working around you.
- High degree of initiative, innovation and thinking out-of-the-box attitude
- Capable of working directly with customers and maintain customer satisfaction
- Able to handle stress in the high pressure tape-out time and able to multi-tasking when required.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.