Senior Design Engineer (Memory) ARM
- Job ID #: 14828
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan memory products. The Artisan high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra low-power memory generators are optimized for each silicon technology. Arm's Artisan Process-Perfect™ Design Methodology includes comprehensive QA and validation procedures that can enable accurate designs with high manufacturing yields. Arm memory products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in production or development at 40nm, 28nm, 20nm, 16nm, 11nm, 7nm and below semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs. Our circuit group comprises some of the industry’s leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This position is a rare opportunity for a digital circuit professional to work with the world’s most successful circuit and layout team with exposure to a wide variety of design rules from leading edge foundries.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute in all parts of Advance Product Memory development flow, starting at design spec
- Understand Memory design and development, analysis of memory marginality in advance technology (28nm/16nm and below)
- Understand and perform physical verification, memory characterization, FE verification, release procedure and QA flow of the memory compilers
- Experiment and evaluate new memory architectures and methodologies
- Work with key resources to continually define, improve and develop memory design infrastructure and methodology
- Lead and deliver on complex project requirements
- Drive multiple projects and provide necessary technical guidance to the engineers
- Perform presentations to Arm partners on memory products, product developments, memory technology
- Work with key technical staff within the division as well as other divisions within Arm
- Ensure high quality and high performance in memory compilers
- 4+ years of relevant circuit design experience
- Good experience in circuit design, memory compilers and optimization
- Circuit/Layout experience with deep submicron technologies (28nm/16nm or smaller)
- Fundamental understanding of technology tradeoffs in deep sub-micron design
- Fundamental understanding of Design For Manufacturability (DFM) techniques
- Experience in low power circuit design techniques
- Experience in Silicon debug
- Experience working with place & route chip design tools
- Experience with EDA tools such as Design Compiler, Astro, Physical Compiler, PrimeTime, SoC Encounter, Pacific, Nanosim, Pathmill, Spectre, HSPICE, etc
- Programming or scripting experience
Weare an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant foremployment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary :
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global ARM community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.