Sales Manager – Enterprise Cyber Security QinetiQ
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job ID: 9258
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification• To win business in a particular delivery stream maximising deliverability and profitability at business unit level and across QinetiQ, where required. The role will be aligned with the Enterprise Cyber Security Integrated Delivery Teams.
• Previous demonstrable sales & business development experience in a UK Cyber Security business environment is a perquisite for this challenging role. Recent experience in the MoD Cyber security marker one or more commercial market verticals would be a distinct advantage.
• Identify and develop new business propositions
• Maximise deliverability and profitability of sales within Foundation Sales area for a major client or group of clients. Sales target will typically exceed £5M
• Accountable for personal and team sales progression Foundation Sales area of major opportunities (typically including >£2M deals) into client(s)
• Works collaboratively with wider sales teams to support and project manage cross sales team initiatives
• To balance effort and focus in a matrix based sales organisation
• Leadership and progression of a portfolio of opportunities; typically greater than £20M
• Leading and wining major business – changing deals
• Support the growth and development of the sales in a delivery stream ensuring ability to achieve on promise
• Ensures that their own performance positively impacts the performance of the wider sales and delivery teams
• To manage internal and external stakeholders
• To demonstrate high value selling in all opportunities and activities
• Development and delivery of the sales pipeline
• To influence decisions through sound advice and judgement
• Accurate forecasting and delivery of target.
Experience & Qualifications:
1. Previous demonstrable experience in a sales role
2. Excellent understanding of and ability to apply sales concepts, tools and principles
3. Highly developed ability to effectively negotiate at a senior level both internally and externally
4. Detailed knowledge of capabilities, skills and products offered at Business Unit level as well as a good understanding of company-wide capability
5. Highly skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at senior levels
7. Excellent knowledge of industry - knowledge of capabilities, skills and products applicable to the UK MoD and the UK commercial cyber security markets is highly desirable.
8. Good knowledge of other functional disciplines related to selling (eg finance).