STRATEGY & OPERATIONS VP Ascential
Brand: Ascential Group
Job function: Strategy & Insight
Job type: Perm Full Time
Location: Shanghai, China
Job ref: R847
We're looking for a Strategy and Operations VP to join our growing team in Shanghai. The successful candidate will be at the centre of the ideas, analysis, negotiations and execution of what we do, learning how to take an idea from concept through to completion and overseeing all aspects of business operations: insight & strategy, sales & marketing, content & product and operations.
- Taking full responsibility to coordinate and manage all internal and external resources, to successfully deliver project from the initiation stage to handover;
- Overall planning & assembly of all activities in all phases of the project;
- Working closely with the management teams of several brands and Ascential, you will gain invaluable insight into how a rapidly growing company functions internally, with clients and with partners;
- Identify, pursue, and lead in the delivery of projects in all aspects of business operations;
- Contributing to the formulation of actionable strategy recommendations;
- Working with and presenting recommendations to audiences of senior management;
- Facilitating strategy discussions in broader teams across businesses and functions;
- Manage the development projects to ensure that they are delivered on time and budget and in line with quality control and workplace safety processes;
- Support in the development of eminence and market presence in China leveraging global and regional initiatives to promote Ascential’s market position;
- Liaise with government, external consultants, internal business units, local authorities, contractors and suppliers;
- Solid project delivery experience; having successfully managed or led complex, multi-function/multi-stakeholder projects.
- You should possess strong business development orientation and astute business acumen with strategic and analytical mindset.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English of a very high standard is a must
- A self-starter, hands-on and be comfortable in planning, setting up and running projects, systems, communication and processes from the ground up.
- Adaptable and thrives in challenging, constantly evolving and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness to identify opportunities and propose solutions.
- Ability to work highly autonomously with a strong sense of drive and willingness to tackle from the smallest to the biggest task. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to build relationships quickly
- Desire to build a long-term career and fast track within a company into a senior operational leadership role.
- Experience in working across complex matrix environments, the ideal individual should also be international in their outlook as well as culturally sensitive.
- Significant experience gained from within inhouse or management consulting, corporate finance, investment banks or FMCG within and/or outside of China.
- Demonstrable and successful track record in application of consulting tools and solutions in solving complex business problems.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?