SERVICE ASSURANCE RELEASE AND TRANSITION MANAGER (002171) Inmarsat
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Primary role purpose:
The Service Assurance and Transition Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing the Service Assurance and Transition activities in order to ensure that the delivery of new and enhanced services and maintenance enhances the integrity, stability, resilience and compliance of existing services and support.
Working from within the Service Assurance function, the role will be responsible for release managing the successful rollout of major and minor software releases across the Inmarsat Core systems like core network, NMS, BGAN and GX hub, etc.
- Ensuring service solutions are operable, recoverable and maintainable and are transitioned into service with the minimal disruption;
- Helping implementations to be successful by clearly defining the Operations Acceptance Criteria from the start and guiding the projects to meet them;
- Liaise with stakeholders on Early Life Support management, ensuring entry/exit criteria is defined, agreed;
- Define and agree fit for purpose end-to-end service models, aligned to best practice;
- Leadership and oversight of the Configuration and Release Management across the cross divisional team and processes;
- Accountable and in control of Changes and Releases to the live environment and ensuring that the integrity and stability of live services is protected;
- Provide clear and concise communication of Change and Release issues and risks to relevant stakeholders across the Firm, including pre and Post implementation reviews;
- Ensure appropriate governance, assurance and risk management is in place in order to protect integrity and stability of live services this includes the availability of upgrade and rollback procedures.
- Ensuring that releases are properly assessed, approved and released successfully into the operational environment.
- Ensure that adequate testing has been carried out on all relevant releases before they are deployed in the operational environment that all back out plans have been checked and approved and resources are available to carry out any changes.
- Set up and maintain strong relationships with BU and application management stakeholders by effectively managing expectations, and inspiring confidence in delivery.
- Develop and review Inmarsat’s Configuration Management System (CMS), the Configuration Item (CI) nomenclature for use and govern how service providers’ Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs) fit into the CMS.
- Maintain a Configuration Management Plan, identifying CI types for new/changed services.
- Support the Incident and Problem Management processes to ensure that fixes and changes are applied to the Live/Production environment safely and controlled.
- Create, publish, establish and maintain the methodology, processes and documentation for Release Management
- Create, publish, establish and maintain the methodology, processes and documentation for Service Transition.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of Service Transition Management and implementation of Transition Management processes;
- The ability to create new processes and have them adopted and embedded within the business, with clear evidence to support this;
- Experience in Managing multiple tasks;
- Attention to detail;
- Time management and organisational skills;
- Relevant industry certification such as ITIL, or similar;
- ITILv3 Service Management Foundation certification (or equivalent) with a detailed knowledge of all ITIL and ITIL related processes (ITSM);
- Experience of managing the delivery in Matrix organisation structure.
- Preferably Experience in a DevOps/Agile organisation (Optional)
- Experience at working within a multiple supply chain environment
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the telecommunication industry and related IT systems.
- Practical experience and certification in Project Management (e.g. PRINCE2 Foundation)
- Experience of working with Cloud Technologies (Optional)
- Cross-functional IT/infrastructure experience preferred;