Rostering Planner - 6 month FTC Ocado
Closing date: 17 Feb 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
During the 6 month FTC as a rostering planner you will help design and upload rosters for most of our weekly paid staff - across warehouse and delivery teams, directly impacting over 8,000 colleagues.
This is absolutely vital in ensuring Ocado can meet their ever changing business needs, to have the right people in the right place, at the right time, while also giving our staff the best possible rosters in a timely fashion.
You will also become involved in central planning projects, looking to increase our forecasting accuracy, adapt our rostering processes and develop new shift patterns which provide the best possible range of working options to our teams.
This 6 month contract will offer an opportunity to develop skills such as swift and accurate use of Excel, Tableau, SQL and other data-handling software; provide project management experience by handling the production of rosters to agreed timescales; and the opportunity to present and develop relationships with many functions across Ocado, including finance, operations, planning, and service delivery, as well as direct contact and presentation to council representative and senior managers.
For interested candidates, it also provides exposure to the Planning Analytics function, and a number of the initiatives and projects which determine Ocado’s profitability and corporate strategy.
- Understand and challenge the planning assumptions needed for rosters
- Create accurate rosters and challenge the way rosters are made
- Work with team managers across planning and operations to collect information required for roster building
- Interact with employees and council reps to improve roster quality & communications
- Ensure legal and employee guidelines are followed when creating rosters
- Upload completed rosters accurately
The successful candidate will:
- Pay exceptional attention to detail
- Have good analytical skills and mental maths
- Be a self-motivated and independent worker
- Be proficient with Microsoft Excel - including use of formulae such as SUM, AVERAGE, IF, ROUND, SUMPRODUCT and conditional formatting
- Deliver high quality work even under time pressure
- Experience of Ocado’s operation or planning processes, OR experience with rosters and shift patterns is desirable, but not essential
Working as a roster planner, you will sit within the Planning Analytics team, in the Supply Chain & Planning division. As one of a team of 3-5 roster planners, and a broader team of 10-15 analysts, you will sit centrally within the business, supporting planning & operational teams across the country.
The role is based in the Trident Place/Titan Court head offices, and will involve occasional UK travel to meet managers and council representatives at other CFCs and delivery sites.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days’ holiday
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.