Returns Operative Croydon AO
£20,123 per Year Permanent
A Bit About UsWe may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO. Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves. But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the RoleOur Returns Operatives report directly into the Outbase Supervisor and need to be able to work well in a busy team with our Transhippers and Outbase operational employees along with our Self Employed Drivers.
Here's What You Can Expect to be DoingYou will play a key role in the customer journey and will make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do by ensuring that the right appliance goes to the right customer, on time and in excellent condition. You will do this by;
* Working to deadlines processing the returned appliances and collections
* Correctly loading the scrap trailer to go back to Head Office
* Checking the vehicles for non-functional CCTV
* Picking appliances for same day deliveries when applicable
* Complete vehicle checks using driver check sheets
* Grading any scrap collections for return to Head Office in line with company standards
* Communicating with drivers and levying driver fines as required
* Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the Outbase on time in perfect condition to deliver our promise.
* Ensure that the returns trailer is graded correctly in line with company policy
A Few Things About YouIt is important that our returns operatives work together and stay motivated throughout their shift. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given whilst being bold enough to confidently communicate with Drivers and report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress for any of our returns operatives who demonstrate the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business. EXPERIENCE
* You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
* Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
* An understanding of handling large products is desirable
* Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essentialSKILLS * Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
* Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
* Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
* Reliable and self-motivated TECHNICAL None required