Project Manager - Business Systems-Operations AstraZenecaLocation: Frederick, Maryland, United States
Job reference: R-042356
Posted date: Jan. 08, 2019
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Project Manager - Business Systems in Frederick, MD, you’ll manage the execution of site and IT projects in accordance with AZ Biologics’ project governance process in support of our current and future site processes and implementation of IT capabilities.
- Manages the execution of site and IT projects in accordance with AZ Biologics’ project governance process in support of our current and future site processes and implementation of IT capabilities.
- Create integrated project plans including scope, schedule, risk and communication plans.
- Tracks and reports on the progress of projects and manages issues.
- Reports on project status to established oversight committees.
- Ensures completion and quality of project documentation.
- Schedules review/approval steps and project updates with site management.
- Coaches site project teams on project management tools and governance process.
- Understands links and conflicts among projects and makes recommendations to improve overall project integration.
- Maintains resource plans for the project and communicates impacts to site departments.
- Leads cross-functional project teams.
- Develops and provides project plans and timelines using established project management tools.
- Anticipates and manages project risks.
- Develops project communication plan and manages project communication throughout the life of the project.
- Leads project through stage-gating process
- Ensures administrative and financial closure of assigned projects.
- Expected to lead multiple project teams simultaneously
- Ability to apply extensive expertise as a project manager within the bio/pharma industry to successfully deliver project and program outcomes while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Has an extensive knowledge of project management tools including schedules, communication plans, risk plans, resource plans, scope management tools, action item trackers, and project plans.
- Maintains high level of expertise in the field of project management and within the bio/pharma industry through review of current scientific, professional and business literature, and attendance and participation at professional.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, and/or partners.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to develop a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to help with informing and coaching others.
- Computer Skills: Outlook, Internet Explorer, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, SharePoint. Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
- Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality system and continually improve its effectiveness.
- BS required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience; 4 years project management experience; 4 years in biopharma;
- Experience in support of IT implementation within Pharma industry support of product strongly preferred
- Masters preferred.
- Science degree (chemistry, biology, engineering, pharmacy) strongly preferred.
- PMP, CCP or similar certification preferred.
- Manufacturing or CM&C PM experience a plus.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.