Planner - Sales and Capacity Ocado
Closing date: 28 Feb 2019
Contract type: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
Ocado is the world leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites & warehouses, and engaging in new business partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a bunch of smart, skilled and friendly people with extraordinary drive and passion.
Sales and Capacity Tactical Planning
We are the team that “makes tomorrow happen”. We are accountable for creating midterm planning forecasts by ensuring we have all the necessary resources in various places to meet customer demand. All this whilst being mindful of efficiency targets that drive our business.
You will be responsible for analysing customer sales and basket size trends and taking appropriate actions, working closely with trading team, supply chain, planning analytics as well as contributing to the continuing improvement of the department’s tools, systems & practices. You will be encouraged to develop new skills and working practices in line with this exciting and evolving business.
- You will work in a small but very busy team,
- Analyse and understand dynamic forecasts
- Be ready to challenge and be challenged
- Coordinate resource between operations across the UK to hit sales and efficiency targets
- Work closely with sales teams, operational teams and other planning teams
- Communicate effectively with various people in the business including Senior Management
- Provide reports to relevant departments within the business.
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical mind, capable of resolving any issues in an effective manner
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Comfortable working under pressure while completing multiple tasks
- Comfortable with working with large amounts of data
- Experience in operational planning
- Experience in forecasting
- Some exposure to Project Management
Why work for Ocado:
At Ocado we define and measure our employees against following values:
- We are proud of what we do.
- We are in it together.
- We can be even better.
We strongly believe that the application of the above values on a day to day basis stimulates a harmonious, productive and responsible workforce that is dedicated and driven to achieve the business objectives whilst maintaining a pleasant and safe working environment for all to enjoy.
- Private Pension Contributions from Ocado
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free Shares & Discounted share purchase plans
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme (24 Hour Confidential Advice and Counselling Service)
- Ocado 15% Discount with Free Deliveries
- Interest Free Train Ticket Loan
- Up to 28 days holiday
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.