Penetration Testing Consultant NCC Group
Penetration Testing Consultant
The role of a consultant involves on-site client visits and remote engagements providing structured programmes of security testing, consultancy and research combined with the delivery of informative reports detailing engagement activities and their results with articulation of risk and remediation priorities for clients. In addition to enacting these responsibilities NCC Group will support you in your continued training and development goals on an individual basis.
- Maintaining proficiency in the use and application of security technologies
- Delivering technical tasks on NCC Groups engagements
- Delivering high quality technical solutions to clients
- Assist in the identification, resolution and documentation of security incidents.
- Providing technical scoping advice
- Developing self-skills on internal security projects
- Conducting focused research when not engaged on client billable projects
- Responsible for adhering to all internal policy and procedures in relation to security and quality best practice
- Ability to travel to clients sites to perform security engagements of varying durations as required
- Use of a variety of network security testing tools and exploits to identify vulnerabilities and be able to recommend corrective action
- Proven ability to explain the output of a penetration test to a non-technical client
Proficiency in one or more of the below:
- Good networking and associated protocol knowledge and experience
- Mobile security knowledge and experience (OS, RF and App)
- Applied security research
- Applied cryptography, mathematics or computer science experience.
- Application security threat modelling
- Source code review
- Reverse engineering
- Cloud Service testing (AWS / Azure)
- SDLC Implementation and Testing
- Software development or programming/scripting abilities
About NCC Group
We are a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
With our knowledge, experience and global footprint, we are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.
We are passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security.
Headquartered in Manchester, UK, with over 35 offices across the world, NCC Group employs more than 2,000 people and is a trusted advisor to 15,000 clients worldwide.
If your skills and experience meet the needs of the role requirement, we will endeavour to respond to every application within 10 working days. However, if you haven’t heard back from us within this timeframe on this occasion your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, but please do continue to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other more suitable roles.
*** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process ***