Payroll Advisor Inmarsat
99 City Road, London, United Kingdom
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 13 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief People Office
Inmarsat’s Chief People Office (CPO) comprises a HR Business Partnering function who deliver people services with the support of the Centres of Excellence – Reward, Resourcing, HR Services & Systems, Organisational Effectiveness & Engagement & Communication. Our purpose is twofold; to drive business performance and enabling our people to be brilliant.
Primary Role Purpose:
The Payroll Advisor will support both the Global Payroll Manager & Payroll Advisor with the accurate processing of the Inmarsat’s monthly and bi-weekly US / Canadian payroll for employees and directors. Providing a first class service to the department and to the business. They will work closely with the HR team.
- Manage the day to day running of the US / Canadian pay groups, ensuring payroll schedules and deadlines are met
- Monthly reconciliation of Inland Revenue end of year requirements ensuring statutory reporting requirements are met
- Responsible for other Payroll activities including but not only limited to: transferring data to Payroll Finance, any additional payroll runs, manual deductions, making payroll adjustments, manual payment, managing cut off dates etc.
- Provision and manipulation of month end payroll summaries, overtime reports etc. to relevant parties
- Provide Gross pay analysis to group Finance post review for costing and budgeting purposes
- Communicating with and resolving HR, third party and employee issues.
- Communicating with payroll provider re ad-hoc payroll issues
- In-depth understanding of Payroll processes
- Escalate issues and seek advice when faced with complex issues/ problems
- Support the creation of a logical plan, realistic estimates and schedule for an activity or payroll run
- Ensure process controls are in place; maintain, validate and update process documentations as applicable to ensure compliance
- Responsible for checking, processing payroll and sending payroll file to & from vendor/in-house payroll provider
- Accountable for Payroll calendar and updating various team members
- Responsible for supporting Payroll audits, Risk and compliance Matrix outcomes
- May provide input to the maintenance and improvement of existing work processes and systems
- Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Work closely with the Payroll Advisors and Managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives per the roadmap defined by the management team and ensure initiatives meet agreed outputs and address customer feedback / improve customer satisfaction
- Manage and perform 'Root Cause Analysis' on issues faces and suggest appropriate corrective action for current remediation and future control.
- Must be able to propose process improvement ideas which can reduce time
- Contribute to ad hoc payroll HR projects as required
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- US / Canadian payroll experience
- Must be able to manually calculate tax and social security deductions
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Familiar with global payroll providers and in country partners
- Working with a payroll outsourced model
- Excellent excel skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- EMEA payroll experience
- Exposure to other global payrolls
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do