Packaging Development Engineer, Regional R&D, North America RB
- Fundamental capability to support or directly modify existing packages by taking them from the bench, pilot plant and commercial scale based on customer or consumer needs.
- Demonstrated high-level of contribution to cross-functional/multi-disciplined teams operating in a dynamic, result-oriented environment.
- Experience communicating and networking effectively with a diverse audience at peer-set levels.
- Experience with fiber based packaging, high barrier rigid and flexible packaging substrates and/or hybrid applications combining multiple substrate types.
- Basic understanding of aseptic processes and packaging principles as well as thermal processing as it relates to packaging design.
- Must have experience in problem analysis and resolution, statistical methods, and design of experiments.
- Exposure to regulated packaging environments or ability to learn government regulatory requirements in the infant formula in relation to Packaging.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant and experience with progressive responsibilities and project leadership in the consumer products or food packaging industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging, Package Engineering, Packaging Science or similar technical field such as Engineering or Food Science required
- Strong knowledge of science and technology discovery, design, and development processes, information systems.
- Working knowledge of networking with external resources outside of R&D.
- Basic understanding of how to translate consumer and customer insights into functional value that creates benefit
- Able to embody design theories and output packaging solutions that can be commercialized.
- Understanding of rigid and flexible polymeric materials and their manufacturing and converting process (blow molding, injection molding, thermoforming, film and sheet conversion).
- Business skills that can drive initiatives through an organization.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and deploy effective use of creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and present technical and project management overviews with some assistance.
- Knowledge of packaging equipment systems and qualifications.
- Effective and proactive verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills handling or supporting multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to embrace and live MJN’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Recognizes the importance of employee safety in the workplace including compliance with legal, corporate safety, and environmental guidelines.
- Energetic and self-motivated professional with a strong sense of urgency.
- Capable and wiling to learn and be coached by manager, staff and others.
- Demonstrated efficiency with MS Office, Infor Optiva & SAP.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!