PDK Integration Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 14338
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Physical IP library products viz. Standard cell and IO libraries, Processor optimized packages (POP) and memory compilers.
Our Process Technology Group (PTG) works with Arm internal design groups, developing all those Physical IP products, and works with all major foundries for all the technology nodes from 250nm to 7nm. This position is a rare opportunity for a professional with CAD or process technology background to bridge the gap between the deep submicron circuit designs and process technologies. You will be interfacing to the world's most successful circuit and layout teams as well as the entire world's leading foundries process technologies.
PTG is the central group, which constantly interacts with the product groups, layout groups, and project management. Some of the responsibilities are:
- You implement of all the foundry specific physical verification flows like DRC, LVS. In addition to these, PTG will implement additional Arm specific checks.
- You inspect and evaluate all process receivables from foundries.
- You develop the cell level extraction and chip level extraction flows
- You implement the Spice models and Quality Assurance.
- You interact with the Design Automation team to improve/enhance the flows and constantly support the Product Development Groups.
- You analyze the product migration from one technology to another technology, study the impact of new design rules/spice models on the existing designs.
- You analyze and inspect test-chip mask data prior to the fabrication.
- You are consulted on device physics, process technology etc.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other significant technical disciplines. Recent graduates will be strongly considered for this opportunity.
- Knowledge of Very-large-scale integration (VLSI)
- Experience in physical IP design or process development or physical EDA tool development.
- Familiar with DRC, LVS, LPE device model concepts.
- Deep understanding of semiconductor processes, design rules and device physics.
- Familiarity with any design entry tools like Cadence Virtuoso etc.
- Experience with any Physical verification like Mentor-Calibre.
- Experience in Extraction tools like Mentor XRC or Synopsys Star RC.
- Good knowledge in electrical simulators like Synopsys H-Spice, Cadence Spectre.
- Required written and oral English language.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Possessing good interpersonal skills and being an enthusiastic team-player.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible with strong inter-personal skills.
- Programming experience like Python, Skill or TCL.
- Basic understanding of SRAM, IO's and Standard cell design.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex