Oncology Sales Representative - Interior BC and Alberta North AstraZenecaLocation: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Job reference: R-043761
Posted date: Feb. 13, 2019
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
We believe science and patients are at the heart of our work, every day.
Position Title: Oncology Sales Representative
Position Type: Contract – 12 months, Full-Time
Career Level: D
Location: BC Interior and Alberta North (Edmonton)
Reporting to a National Sales Manager – Oncology, you are responsible for developing strategic relationships with key influencers, based on a deep scientific understanding of issues, to create opportunities and improve access to medicines for patients.
Are you entrepreneurial in nature, with a passion for customer engagement and putting patients first? Are you resilient and play to win; doing the right thing and acting with integrity, even in difficult situations? Do you want to join a culture that is science and patient-focused, agile and high-performing, focused on building opportunities to improve patient care?
Your role will be to:
- Build effective account strategies and plans in order to drive sales performance to meet or exceed expectations while you creatively work within assigned budgets
- Effectively communicate the scientific and clinical benefits of our products to top research and clinical practitioners
- Create deep key account and key influencer relationships by analyzing problems, considering options and identifying innovative solutions by being tenacious and drawing upon all available resources
- Build and arrange effective speaker programs with physician advocates and KOLs working with the broader Sales, Brand and Scientific team
- Work aligned to all external regulations and internal policies and training requirements
- Work collaboratively to share improved practices and create opportunities for learning and shared platforms
Your qualifications include:
- You have a University degree in science and/or business
- You have Oncology sales experience with sound knowledge of institutional account management
- You positively impact and influence others and quickly establish credibility while building strong business relationships
- You have past experience engaging key influencers in complex clinical environments, you have built the strategy to improve treatment and executed the strategy using your planning and influencing skills
- You are well-organized with strong communication and business skills
- You are a great teammate, able to work within a diverse, cross functional team, you improve team cohesiveness and agility
Next steps – Apply today
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager will know that you feel well qualified for this position. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Great People want to Work with us, find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Total Rewards for employees: https://www.astrazeneca.ca/en/working-at-az-canada/Total-Rewards.html